NFL 2022

Lineker

24 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Very happy for him and you as a fan.

Should have been us! :crying:

Getting the 2nd rounder return isn't too bad, especially since they lost a 2nd rounder for Claypool. I think they could flip that 2nd rounder for a higher spot in the round too as part of any trade for the top pick.

Smith is perfect for this system because Queen is horrific when it comes to coverage, whereas Smith is top tier. So there's at least one (likely two) more years of their pairing together - where Queen can be Parsons-lite and Smith can stay an extra level back to track down TEs or the checkdown. You can't have Smith do both and admittedly he's going to be paid like a guy who can. I can see why Chicago didn't want to commit.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Smith is perfect for this system because Queen is horrific when it comes to coverage, whereas Smith is top tier. So there's at least one (likely two) more years of their pairing together - where Queen can be Parsons-lite and Smith can stay an extra level back to track down TEs or the checkdown. You can't have Smith do both and admittedly he's going to be paid like a guy who can. I can see why Chicago didn't want to commit.

This checks out, but I find it all for nothing if this contract dispute with the other guy looking for his big contract isn't settled. 

4 hours ago, LL! said:

This checks out, but I find it all for nothing if this contract dispute with the other guy looking for his big contract isn't settled. 

Yeah still up in the air there. He's a Raven for the next 2 seasons at least regardless given any fully guaranteed cap hit would be close to what his tag hit will be. Curious if Burrow and Herbert also get advised by the NFLPA to seek fully guaranteed deals.

Panthers and Texans have both requested to interview Mike Kafka for their head coaching job.

Young, white, offensive-minded guy who helped scheme Daniel Jones to the playoffs?  Get him in the door!  Let's just ignore that the Giants offense still struggled to put up points for a good portion of the season, and that Kafka was working with Daboll who already helped build one of the best offenses in the league in Buffalo.

Not meant to be a knock on Kafka specifically.  It's just....can we see another year or two out of him before christening him as some offensive genius that should get to run his own ship?  Him getting interviews is as predictable as it gets.

Ben Johnson, the Lions OC has three interview requests from Texans, Colts, and Panthers. 

Aaron Glenn our DC has a request from the Colts. 

Really don't want to lose either of them, though unfortunately I suspect Glenn is fulfilling the Rooney Rule requirement more than anything. 

7 hours ago, damhausen said:

Anyone want Greg Roman. He's a white OC. Why does no one want him? Please... take him. You can have him.

I'll even pay gas money so you can drive him up to DC yourself