NFL 2022

Lineker

My playoff rooting interest tiers:

Tier 1 - Giants obviously.

Tier 2 - Bengals, Bills, Chargers, Jaguars.  Most of the ringless teams.  All have varying reasons why I'd be happy for them, Bengals for coming so close last year, Bills same thing plus the Hamlin stuff, Chargers because they seem perennially tortured, Jags because of the absurdity of going worst to first and the AEW stuff.

Tier 3 - Vikings.  Also ringless, so I'd be happy for the fans but Kirk Cousins is a dick so I have to knock them down a tier.

Tier 4 - 49ers, Dolphins, Seahawks.  Incredibly unlikely SB QBs all around - Mr. Irrelevant in Purdy, either a backup on the Dolphins or Tua leading a probably ill-advised concussion return, or Geno.

Tier 5 - Ravens.  Slide them up to the above tier if Lamar is actually out for the season.  But if he actually manages to return and leads a SB run it would set up some pretty wild contract drama this offseason.

Tier 6 - Chiefs.  Nothing against them at all, Mahomes, Kelce, and Reid would deserve a 2nd ring even if it's a "boring" outcome.

Tier 7 - Bucs.  Blah, more Brady.  Though it would funny that he did it in a year where the Bucs were shit for most of it.  The only intrigue here is if he finally leaves for good after leading his most unexpected title since his first one.

Tier 8 - Super Bowl cancelled due to outside forces.

Tier 9 - Cowboys and Eagles.

• Like 2

Cowboys, ringless teams including the Titans and Bills first, then Ravens and Seahawks. Simply do not give a fuck about everyone else. And I agree with Busch about the Vikings due to Cousins being their QB.

I only care about the Seahawks because my stepdaughter and her wife live near Seattle and are fans. 

My postseason has already been made, however, by the absence of the Packers!

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Yeah Rodgers being out is wonderful. I have to be careful because I've found myself rooting for the Lions over my own team :P 

It's ok, I'd be cheering the Bears if the roles were reversed.

As for playoffs, I guess I'd say I'm rooting for the Bills or Jags? Bills because they borrowed our stadium and of course for Hamlin. Plus I like their uniforms.

Jags because I absolutely need to see the WWE title belts sent to the Kahn family. 

My son likes the Chiefs so that would make him happy so I'd be ok with them. 

• Like 3

49ers will always be number one, Bills in the AFC.

If something happens to them, seeing the Chargers win would be awesome for a friend of mine. Would love to see Brady take the Bucs all the way, just to see all the haters moan.

Ravens would be cool for my family that lives in Baltimore.

Don't care about anybody else, as long as Dallas or Seattle doesn't win.

My rooting tiers are of course my beloved Dolphins first, with the 49ers second as the Superbowl final I'd most want up against the Dolphins.

When we no doubt get eliminated then I don't hate the Ravens or Chiefs so they're tier 3 for the AFC I suppose.

Working from the bottom, I don't like the Bills at all (divisional rivals, Bills Mafia etc). Don't like "America's Team", don't want Herbert to win it, don't want Brady to win it, don't want Burrow to win it....

So I guess...

The "my team" tier: Dolphins

The "I like the cut of their jib" tier: 49ers

The "I'm ok with them winning" tier: Eagles, Giants, Seahawks, Vikings, Ravens, Chiefs

The "I don't like 'em" tier: Bengals, Cowboys, Jaguars

The "please God no" tier: Bills, Buccaneers, Chargers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

You're all very mean to me and LL.

8 hours ago, LL! said:

Most of them have no real raisin to hate Dallas!

I would take a Dallas Superb Owl over every other NFC team still in it. Every AFC team too, beside Jacksonville.

8 hours ago, Krabby said:

Kliff Kingsbury out at Arizona

@Adam

Back to being a mediocre college coach, I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1