NFL 2022

Lineker

If you've never been to a playoff game, man do I encourage you to find a way to make it happen.

Last night was so much fun. The Cincinnati crowd was a lot of fun, and no assholes towards the Ravens fans around us. Although during the very first possession, a guy puked right in the stairway of our section, covering the stairs for the rest of the game. Grown ass man in his 50s couldn't hold his beer.

But otherwise, amazing fun! 🤣

• Like 1

Brady says he won’t repeat his mistake from last year, he’s going to take his time deciding if he wants to continue playing or not.

Realistically, he’s got a little under 2 months to decide.  Teams with QB vacancies are going to want to agree to deals with guys during the legal tampering period before the year starts in mid-March.

• Confused 1

Byron Leftwich is expected to be the fall guy in Tampa.

This was a disastrous year for him.  Oversaw a bad offense that made the playoffs undeservingly and looked straight up noncompetitive against Dallas.  Meanwhile the team he turned down is heading into the 2nd round.

I don't blame him for not wanting to work under Trent Baalke and commend him for sticking to his guns and betting on himself.  But this turned out to be the worst case scenario for him.  Now NFL front offices are absolutely going to paint him as the guy who was too picky for his own good.  Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to go the college route.

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Byron Leftwich is expected to be the fall guy in Tampa.

This was a disastrous year for him.  Oversaw a bad offense that made the playoffs undeservingly and looked straight up noncompetitive against Dallas.  Meanwhile the team he turned down is heading into the 2nd round.

I don't blame him for not wanting to work under Trent Baalke and commend him for sticking to his guns and betting on himself.  But this turned out to be the worst case scenario for him.  Now NFL front offices are absolutely going to paint him as the guy who was too picky for his own good.  Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to go the college route.

This Tampa (Bay) team if Brady leaves and Bowles remains is going to be even harder to watch.

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This Tampa (Bay) team 

:w00t:

Virtually the entire team are free agents.

Brady's more than likely done with the Bucs, if not his playing career.  They're not going to have a good draft position, and while Leftwich leaving is a boon, Todd Bowles needs to go too. I figure, barring a miracle, at least three seasons until they get back to playoff contention. 

Eh, whatever, it's all good. I saw my team win two more Super Bowls in my life time than my dad did with his (he was a Lions fan :shifty: ), so at least there's the memories.