NFL 2022

Lineker

7 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Ben Johnson has withdrawn his name from all head coaching searches, will remain Lions offensive coordinator.

@VerbalPuke @DFF

The best possible news!  Think we may struggle to keep him beyond next season, but I hope he sticks it out for another 3-4 years. 

The Jags' non-division home opponents this year are 49ers, Chiefs, Panthers, Falcons, Bengals, and Ravens. So one of those teams will likely be bound for Wembley. With KC already going to Germany you can probably rule them out.

I didn't realize the other games weren't head-to-head so that's 5 international games total and those are the teams "losing" a home game. With the extra home game being AFC this year it makes sense all the hosts are AFC teams.

14 minutes ago, Justin Buschlander said:

John Harbaugh said that Lamar would be involved in the team's OC search and that he is "200%" going to be the Ravens' QB in 2023.

Jets fans who have been calling into WFAN all week delusional about a trade are in shambles.

Everyone seems to think he'd just request a trade and the Ravens would go "lol ok" and not ask for a return that no team would be willing to match.

He's going to be the QB next year because he's either a $45 million cap hit with the tag or something similar with the fully guaranteed contract he wants. And the Ravens have built their contracts around this expectation for a few years.

Not saying this still doesn't blow up during the summer and he doesn't get traded - John Harbaugh needs to reckon with how much pressure he puts on guys to play hurt - but everyone just assumed he'd be going to their favorite team.

8 minutes ago, damhausen said:

but everyone just assumed he'd be going to their favorite team.

Yeah I saw some Vikings blogs and such saying we could be a dark horse landing spot for Lamar and, while don't get me wrong that'd be amazing, it's not ever going to happen