NFL 2022

Lineker

Speculation is that there could be a lot of WR trades this offseason.  It's a poor WR free agent class and the 2020 class are coming up to their first offseason where they could sign extensions.  Always a risk of holdouts once that happens, as WRs understandably want to secure the bag as soon as possible.  Jefferson and Lamb obviously aren't going anywhere and will get locked up for big money whenever the time comes.  But the rest of that loaded WR class could be in play depending on how their teams decide to go:

Tee Higgins - weird to imagine the Bengals trading a big weapon in the middle of their window of contention but this is also their first offseason in which Burrow is extendable.  While normally the rookie QB contract helps with your window, once you've actually found the right QB they might want to get the damage done now.  Either way between Burrow and Chase coming due sooner than later they might sell high on Higgins.

Brandon Aiyuk - enjoying something of a breakout, again it's questionable that the Niners would trade him while they have a window, especially since they hold a 5th year option on him.  That option would make him even more appealing in trade but it's not like the Niners would feel compelled to move him now short of Aiyuk threatening a holdout.

Jerry Jeudy - also has a 5th year option.  Broncos are in such a weird place.  They're paying Russ so much they really can't entirely blow it up even if they want to, but it's tough to imagine them just running back all the same pieces on what was a terrible offense.

Michael Pittman - Colts obviously suck.  They've made it clear they want to land a QB in the draft.  Probably could get one at their current draft spot but they're as likely as anyone to try to get to the Bears' pick.  Taking away a top pass catcher for Bryce would seem counterintuitive but the picks you could get in trade would help supplement moving up in the draft.

Separate from the 2020 guys, DeAndre Hopkins is almost certainly getting moved but he wants a new contract, is on the wrong side of 30, and has dealt with injuries.  Would expect teams to be fairly aggressive in inquiring on the availability 2020 wideouts first.  Don't know which, if any, would actually be available.  But it's said to be a good WR draft class as well so some teams might just ship a WR out with an eye toward immediately drafting a replacement on a fresh rookie contract.

The crowded market of WR trades likely works in Baltimore's favor as our 2nd rounder is with Chicago. Hard to see EDC not having a 1st or 2nd rd pick but the draft class at WR is weak, so is the FA class, and everyone knows they need someone in addition to a (hopefully healthy) Bateman. It's likely a discontent situation like Hopkins doesn't require as much as, say, a Jeudy. You're giving either of them a new contract as part of a trade but with the older player you're taking on more risk.

Overall it'll be a terrible look if they don't do anything to add a WR or settle for a JuJu or Lazard.

Lamar Jackson still hasn't practiced with the Ravens. Huntley only just was back in practice today, but it's now looking almost definite that he's starting Sunday night. You would think Lamar has played his last game with the Ravens

28 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Lamar Jackson still hasn't practiced with the Ravens. Huntley only just was back in practice today, but it's now looking almost definite that he's starting Sunday night. You would think Lamar has played his last game with the Ravens

Is this getting to be like a Kawhi Leonard situation?

Along with Bieniemy the Colts also interviewed Ejiro Evero, which fulfilled the Rooney requirements of two external minority candidates.  But they've still got requests out to interview Aaron Glenn and Raheem Morris.  So it seems that they're at least going to be doing more than the bare minimum, not that that means any of them will get hired.

Three of those guys are defensive-minded coaches and I'm not entirely convinced that's the direction the Colts will go.  Both because of the trend around the league to hire offensive-minded coaches but also because they're very likely drafting their next QB.  That's a situation that generally screams for hiring an offensive coach to build the entire operation from scratch.  And I'll believe someone finally hires Bieniemy when I see it.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Shane Steichen or Ben Johnson end up landing that job.

I feel like everybody with an opening should be interviewing DeMeco Ryans.  Yeah you'll have to wait until the Niners are out to hire him but I'd be absolutely backing up the truck to bring that guy in.

• Like 1

For the first time I can ever remember in my life, the Giants have a blank injury report.  Nobody ruled out, nobody even listed as questionable.

Feels like a symbolic thing more than anything else.  Guys like Leonard Williams and Azeez Ojulari are definitely banged up and probably would be listed as questionable if it were a regular season game.  But it’s the playoffs.  Everyone who has an actual chance of playing is gonna get themselves out there, so no reason to pretend otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Not looking good for my TK proudly lifting up the WWE title dream :( 

Just wait until he owns the title, and the rest of the company!

Whoever thought Tony Dungy would be a good person to put in the booth is bad at their job.