Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

I hope harry said that out the  driver window of his car

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It just keeps happening. Clubs are using the threat of FFP to hike up prices to "maximise revenue", and Twitter (I.e. non matchgoing fans) lap it up. I've got a year left of the price freeze Mike Ashley put in place (as I've always said, ticket pricing was one of the few things he got right), and I'm absolutely dreading my renewal for 2025/26.

Every time I see talk of ticket prices going up, it just makes me even more and more sad that I might never get to see a Premier League game in person ever. Just to see them here in Asia the prices are insane, going to both the Thailand and Singapore games when Liverpool were here in 2022 and I spent around 80% of my total net spend for that holiday on ticket prices alone. 

32 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Always assumed his permanent move was inevitable, tbh.

We'd kind of assumed the opposite, it's felt all season like we were trying to avoid some kind of minute threshold to trigger the permanent. Makes the bizarre sporadic substitutions even more strange, unless Howe just thinks he's not quite ready yet.

52 minutes ago, Colly said:

We'd kind of assumed the opposite, it's felt all season like we were trying to avoid some kind of minute threshold to trigger the permanent. Makes the bizarre sporadic substitutions even more strange, unless Howe just thinks he's not quite ready yet.

It's definitely incredibly confusing to spend £30m, especially with all the FFP/PSR worries, for a 19 year old that the manager has trusted enough to play *checks notes* under 300 minutes in all competitions. Just seems like Newcastle could definitely spend their money a whole lot better.

Dunno, looking back at all the transfers post takeover he's the only one (bar Livramento being eased in) that hasn't been successful to at least some extent, and presumably the logic is that he's 19 and his value will only increase if he's any good. Otherwise I'd argue our transfer business has been excellent, the club couldn't do much about Harvey Barnes being crocked near immediately.