Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

Glasner is a great get for Palace. I thought he was incredibly impressive with Frankfurt. He developed and improved so many players there, and overachieved there, especially in Europe. Europa League win, Round of 16 in Champions League, and also a German Cup final to go with the solid league success.

Crystal Palace are definitely a mess right now, so it'll be interesting to see how they do under him. Palace's recruitment has been pretty terrible when it comes to attacking quality, they're so reliant on Eze and Olise, but both are so injury prone

On 18/02/2024 at 14:27, Baddar said:

This could get ugly for Sheff Utd.

It already is. 

In other news, how shit must Burnley be to be only above us on goal difference... 

Also, from https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sheffield-united

image.png

Glad we got this one sorted. Liverpool and Brighton were apparently both sniffing around. Good to get some young talent locked down for a little while. He'll probably be starting next year in the Champ. 

"Facts, not hype" [proceeds to take into account the feelings of everybody on the planet].

Just word salad suggesting they'd love to get away with it but suspect they can't.

• Like 1

Second half performance was brilliant from the lads. That first 15 minutes was just relentless pressure on Luton. Showed a lot of character after a turgid and slow first half. 

Also I think theres no chance Greenwood stays. I think there'll be too much fan pressure on them. I think if you're the new (but not really) owners you don't want to be making a PR mess early on. 

• Like 3

This run of form in the league has been genuinely incredible. It won’t last forever, maybe jinxing it but we don’t give teams a sniff.

I think that’s two shots on target against in three and a half league games now. 

This squad and coaching staff are so impressive. 

Good, it's the least we deserve. The second charge complicates matters because I don't think it's as straightforward as presuming we'll get another 6 now.

The second charge partially covers a period that we've already been deducted points for. So maybe it'll be 6, maybe it'll be 2-3. I doubt the Premier League even know.

For now I'm going to treat it as that we need to stay above Forest in the current table and then we'll be safe, because they're surely getting at least 6 deducted now and Burnley/Sheff Utd are miles adrift.

• Like 1

Liverpool game got changed from Wednesday to Thursday. We had to fly back Thursday because my best friend couldn't get the whole week off and neither could my girlfriend. Now have to have a miracle of them both getting their schedules changed and getting flights changed (while being fucked there money wise because airplane companies are criminals). If we don't all go to the game, we can't get tickets through our supporters club for 3-5 years. 

I want to cry and break everything. This was our nightmare scenario.

• Sad 8