NFL 2023

Lineker

On another note, what do people here use for NFL news and recaps. Right now I basically check NFL.com for news and ESPN for stats and boxscores, but I feel like I am missing a lot of context, especially about dtd.

Also looking for some light recap content that doesn't make me want to give myself brain damage like every article on espn.

3 hours ago, JasonM said:

On another note, what do people here use for NFL news and recaps. Right now I basically check NFL.com for news and ESPN for stats and boxscores, but I feel like I am missing a lot of context, especially about dtd.

Also looking for some light recap content that doesn't make me want to give myself brain damage like every article on espn.

I typically use Yahoo Sports - they have some nice, easy reading with their weekly Winners and Losers, Four Verts, and Power Rankings articles (plus general articles in addition). The box scores are pretty nice too and easy to look at; if you want to look a little more in depth they have Drives review where you can see how each drive went and a team comparisons tab. Here's an example screenshot of the drives part which is pretty slick.

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

They were paying a guy from 27 years ago? How does that work?

So they weren't paying him anymore, but officially any player who either retires under contract or is put on an indefinite suspension under contract is on a team reserve list where your contract is basically frozen.  Most players who retire while still contracted to a team just stay on the reserve list indefinitely, teams probably have hundreds of guys like that - just think of all the guys who retire in training camp while still with a team etc.

If a player chooses to unretire, their contracted team still owns their rights.  Some players just go back to the team.  Some teams will try to swing a trade (see:  Favre unretiring and the Packers trading him to the Jets vs. just cutting him).  But a lot of the time the team will simply cut the player especially if they're no longer in the plans.  I wouldn't be shocked if Myles Jack decided to reconsider retirement and the Eagles have no space in their LB room, so they've released him into the open market and he can go anywhere.

With all that being said, Bernard Williams feels like it has to be some sort of clerical error.  Maybe the guy got suspended and never actually fired any retirement papers or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Burrow couldn't really hold or throw the football after that TD pass. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a broken wrist or something serious enough that he's out the rest of the season/misses enough games they just shut him down. Bengals are 5-5 now, and while record wise they're still in the wild card race, I don't see how the Bengals win a single game without Burrow. This might be their season already finished.

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

With all that being said, Bernard Williams feels like it has to be some sort of clerical error.  Maybe the guy got suspended and never actually fired any retirement papers or something.

That is what happened.  Got suspended for smoking pot and never applied to reinstatement or anything

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

The great thing about Todd Monken vs Greg Roman is instead of everything going through the TEs everything is distributed. Isiah Likely and Charlie Kolar can probably fit in from that standpoint, but Jackson and Andrews have this really special improv chemistry that I doubt he'll have with the other guys. So the injury probably takes a few miracle plays off the board the rest of the season.

Also I am fucked in fantasy if Burrow is out long term. Browning ain't getting shit done so Chase will be useless. And with that sieve of a defense in Cincy I was hoping for some late season shootouts.