The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

There is a point to all the tests in co-op(you are two robots designed to do tests, because that's pretty much your purpose in the portal games), but yeah, no actual story. Definitely agreed about playing through the first one before doing the second.

And I'd be down for some GoW3 beta action!

It is probably one of the best written games of all time.

It's far from one of the best written of all time. Without going into spoilers, the twist is very predictable and the secret reveal about Chell was telegraphed way too early. The dialogue, yes, that is some awesome writing, but the story itself is absolutely nothing new.

It's far from one of the best written of all time. Without going into spoilers, the twist is very predictable and the secret reveal about Chell was telegraphed way too early. The dialogue, yes, that is some awesome writing, but the story itself is absolutely nothing new.

I agree, the twist was predictable....but what was the secret reveal of Chell?

Anyone see any reviews for Brink yet? I've tried searching, but no luck (but then again, haven't looked very hard since I am at work).

Nothing yet, I'm hoping for something from IGN in a few hours.

I agree, the twist was predictable....but what was the secret reveal of Chell?

Turns out she's Aeris from FF7, who didn't die after all...

• Like 1

So.. ouch. 1UP.com reviewed Brink, and while they are pretty much always generous with their reviews - gave Brink a D calling it unfinished, broken and frustrating. There aren't many chances for parkour, the maps all bottleneck into the same area causing stalemates, secondary objectives make little to no sense to do and customizing your character has a 10-15 second wait in between changes, serious lag problems because even the campaign mode is hosted on servers going as far as to say it was like "trying to play Counter-Strike on a dialup connection circa 2001".

Edited by apsham

Joystiq panned it as well, you spend time sinking points into a specific role and you end up not using it for 75% of the time because you need an Engineer, not a Soldier or what have you, it's all about numbers rather than skills, it's impossible to defeat an entrenched enemy force etc.

lol at you guys who wanted it. lol at Maxx especially.