The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Before I stupidly spend any money, who still has any of the Skate games and would like to play?

I have Skate 3! I think I need to do a bunch of online stuff for achievements or something. I also have GTA, but I'm not sure if I'll be compatible with everyone. I have the abse game and Lost and Damned DLC.

I'm scarily close to breaking the top 1000 in Rock Band Blitz.

I had totally forgotten that game existed. Goddamnit, I'm going to lose an evening now.

I don't like the in line remote of that headset compared to the 360 ones. Having a switch for mute with some colour coding just seems better than the button they have on this one since you can easily tell what setting you have it on. That and the dial or whatever you would call it on the 360 for volume again seems better for the more immediate knowing of what setting your volume is on. Plus you'd figure it'd be quicker to choose a volume rather than click through each using + and - buttons, though I suppose the buttons will be more precise, though you don't really need it I suppose since there's probably no way of knowing you're on volume 7 or whatever so it's not like you can keep that in mind as the best setting for you.

360 had a brick too so make of that what you will re: heat. Imagine how much bigger it would be if it was internal! Though, I'm sure I've read something about the One being bigger to allow for more air circulation because they're obviously concerned about pulling a repeat of the RRoD so who knows.

And they explicitly state that it has wireless connectivity built in.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good, wouldn't want you to be out of the loop come GTA V!

Also, Bully: Scholarship Edition is apparently going cheap on the marketplace, like £2.99. A fun game if you've never experienced it before or haven't since the PS2 release. Not really much in the way of new content on it but for whatever reason this is really rare in terms of the boxed version, at least in the UK. Think it still sells for like £20-30. Almost tempted to sell mine and just get this.

Sounds good, wouldn't want you to be out of the loop come GTA V!

Also, Bully: Scholarship Edition is apparently going cheap on the marketplace, like £2.99. A fun game if you've never experienced it before or haven't since the PS2 release. Not really much in the way of new content on it but for whatever reason this is really rare in terms of the boxed version, at least in the UK. Think it still sells for like £20-30. Almost tempted to sell mine and just get this.

Yeah, we sell it for £28, luckily I got mine the one day it dropped into the 2 for £20 offer about 3 years ago.

Can confirm the GoD version is £2.99, looks like I'm trading my copy in towards Madden.

Some would argue it never truly started. :shifty:

Also, not sure why but apparently Ben 10: The Rise of Hex, is also free right now. Might be useful for those of you with kids?

• Like 1