The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I can understand when they say that the newer systems are built on a different architecture or whatever so you can't simply play old games on them but it's a shame that MS haven't aped Sony's crossplay system. Would've been nice to have gotten Halo Spartan Assult from GWG, played it on 360 for a bit and then carried that progress over to the One. Sony seems to have spoiled us in that regard, Nintendo doesn't do it either. The Wii U and the 3DS can both play NES games from the eShop, why do you have to pay twice to get them on both systems?

• 2 weeks later...

Question to those who have defeated Shadow of Mordor? Does the game become more difficult in the second half of the game?

I originally bought the game day one and after playing about two/three hours became bored with the ease you could kill most captains/war chiefs. So I shelved the game but this weekend a friend talked me into giving the game a second try, telling me to send Death Threats to all the WC/Caps to make things more difficult. The difficult has gone up but still nothing too drastically difficult. Without spoiling the game, does the game become more difficult or is it basically the same as the first part of the game?

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!

MAXX!

WORMS BATTLEGROUND IS THE FREE XBOX ONE GAME FOR DECEMBER!

Also, for 360:

Dec 1-15: The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief

Dec 16-31: SSX

Don't think I've ever heard of Raven, the download is listed as 'Episode 1' so I'm guessing it's a point and clicky game. Never got the chance to play the SSX reboot so that'll be neat to have.

• Like 1

I'm not even sure if I want to play The Raven. It looks quite cool, but for me to even finish the game I'll have to splash out £16 for the other two episodes. Seems a bit cheap to give it away as 'Games With Gold', especially since they gave away the first episode of TWD Season 2 for free just a couple weeks ago.

EA Access is added UFC to the vault on the 18th. I bought the game on release but got rid of it after a month. Heard they added quite a bit of content through free updates, so i'm looking forward to having it again. EA Access is hands above GWG or PS+ in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm a little bummed about that deal so soon after release, but my wife and I have probably put in about 300 hours in the game so far, so not worth getting upset over.

Picked up the Telltale deal though, even though I just bought Walking Dead S2 on 360 right before I got a One, I would've paid $55 just for Borderlands, Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope Lego Marvel is good, just picked it up on Xbox Live for less than $5. If I like it, I'm considering getting either Lego Star Wars: The Complete Collection or Lego Batman 2, both are dirt cheap.

Spent all night downloading that and MX vs ATV: Alive (free), I hope both are worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Wondered if someone can help answer this.

We have two Xbox One consoles in the house, mine and bros. Our profiles are both on each other's consoles, when I download a game on my console, it appears on his and he can play said game without paying for it. Yet he does the same and it doesn't appear on mine.

What's the catch?? Getting the raw end of the deal here...