The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

What do you all think you'll play first on your new machines?

Tetris Effect: Connected. I hope the game will look amazing in 4K. 

In store maybe, but that's going to be dicey.  I'd raise hell with Amazon about it, especially if you were already charged for it.  You'll at least get an account credit >_>

That sucks Srar. I would try the big chain stores. I get the feeling that there will be a few spare Series X lying around and that the PS5 will be sold out, so good luck on your hunt. 

14 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Walmart is releasing some online in a little over an hour. That's my next best hope

Want help in trying to snag one?

EB Games called me to confirm my pick up on Sunday. The guy gives me a big spiel about long lines and the need to create pick up times during COVID-19. He asks when I was available to pick mine up. I said "5 should be fine". The guy says "unfortunately we are not open at 5AM, so..." and I was like "I meant 5PM." He seems shocked and is like "oh, well... you don't have to queue for 5PM. You can probably just show up. Most people are trying to get here at 8AM on the dot to pick it up". 

I felt very old because of all my responsibilities and not being able to pick up my baby XBOX Series X earlier. :( 

9 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Well unlike RPS with all those responsibilities I showed up at Walmart at 7:00 on the dot and got one! :w00t: 

My kids are younger. And also exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. 

Oh don't feel bad. It is mostly the age of my kids and my job. We just got negative tests back for everyone except for the youngest we are still waiting. 

58 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Good news. Did you have any luck with Amazon support? They ought to give you some store credit at least.

I didn't bother. I probably should have but I was too mad so I just cancelled it.

On a funner note it looks like my first game will be Gears Tactics since my copy of AC won't be arriving until Thursday

• Like 1

Not sure if those outside the UK are able to source their own local EA Play sub codes and do something similar but just tried this myself and extended my Game Pass Ultimate for another year for just under £17.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-months-of-game-pass-ultimate-ps1685-details-in-desc-3584785?page=2#thread-comments

10 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I may be in the market for a One. My hope is that stores are going to put them on sale in effort to get that space clear for more Serieseses. So if anyone happens to stumble across cheap Ones, whatever kind they may be, tag a brother, ya?

If you don't mind pre-owned I hear the guy selling Betrayal at House on the Hill might have one.

20 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I didn't bother. I probably should have but I was too mad so I just cancelled it.

On a funner note it looks like my first game will be Gears Tactics since my copy of AC won't be arriving until Thursday

Not gonna try Watch Dogs again?  Should be all patched up for next gen and hopefully like...working.