The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Played Kinect tonight... thought it was pretty fun, but I don't see how it's going to revolutionize gaming or anything. Much like the Wii, the gimmick is never going to work with traditional games, but maybe that's the point. Sony's so hung up on the controller aspect, but the bottom line is, a controller is always going to be the way we play first person shooters or action games, but it completely changes something like a Dance Dance Revolution. Dance Central is a lot of fun, and Harmonix once again proves they own the music genre.

The workout genre will also expand beyond something like standing on a scale. And other games, like certain minigames in Kinect Adventures are major workouts... and will make you look like a complete buffoon, but they're pretty fun.

I'll try and get some points tonight and will pick up Greed Corp, Turtles, the Trials DLC and the Splinter Cell DLC in anticipation of me getting it soon.

Horrible, horrible Dan not picking up Splosion Man. Fantastic game.

I had 160 points on my account, no money and I picked up the one I'd never played, my buddy has Splosion man so I can play it any time really.

It's really fun, if any other EWBers get it, we need some 4 way games going.

I have about 1000 points, what shall I get? I picked up the two Alan Wake DLC's, but haven't started yet. Also picked up Perfect Dark (only played about 10 minutes, but holy shit, funnnnn) and also got L4D The Sacrifice, which looks wonderful. What's good to get?

Just finished Alan Wake, wonderful game!

Picked up the signal since it's on sale, waiting on The Writer to see if it's a Deal of the Week. If it's not by 2011, definitely buying it full price. As for the rest of Black Friday I picked up Greed Corp, Turtles in Time, Scrabble, Boggle, The Signal for Alan Wake, and Trials HD with the Big Pack DLC.

Ollie, pick up Splosion Man today. It's a bit like Meat Boy but probably not as rage inducing, unless you play it on Hardcore.

Eddie, I think Maxx at the time it came out was bitching for people to get TIT (ha!) so we should rope him in.