The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

This month has been a good month for gaming, but horrible on my wallet. 160 on games so far(and that's because I got to use 20 dollars worth of promo credit on New Vegas), and another 130 when Rock Band 3 comes out next week, not to mention 40 dollars worth of MS points and getting a new controller. I'm actually waiting on a lot of games(DJ Hero 2, Naruto, Fable 3, Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2) to get later as I want to make my money last.

I got Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 on my schedule, then Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood... then my next release day purchase is Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Also question for Drags (or anyone who can answer, really);

What's the likeliness of getting a pre-ordered game a day early at Gamestation? I'm guessing nil, but I don't want to wait til Friday for Fallout. >_>

Zero, I think it's actually illegal to break a street date, and we're supposed to report other chains and indies that do it. Of course, it's a staff privilege to be able to buy games whenever they come in. For some bizarre reason, we got Medal of Honor like a week early.

If I remember rightly, Fallout 3 dropped in price like a fortnight after release, I think it was a steal of the week or something. Possible it could happen again.

Nah, I've already pre-ordered the collector's edition, and there's no chance I'm waiting another fortnight for Fallout.

As for games I'm getting, Fable III can wait a couple months, I liked Fable II a lot, but it only held my attention for so long. Brotherhood comes out on my next payday, so I'll picking that up as soon as the money hits my account and SD! is something I'll be waiting at least 3/4 months for, at least until a good set of caws are out. So yeah, the only real sense of urgency at the moment is Fallout and possibly Dead Rising 2.

I have no major qualms with how the main dash looks and it seems zippy enough. Just a few menu placements and the removal of the catch all 'new items' on marketplace that I could do without. The guide though is a bit off putting with all the white.

Only just realised that the main dash is a bit different in terms of themes. Like, before you'd have that big curved section at the bottom. Now it's not so my picture of the Earth doesn't look like it's being viewed from the Moon anymore. In fact, most of it is covered up by all the menus. Boo.