The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

The new dashboard makes my eyes hurt it's too white. Probably get used to it in a bit along with the more robot like voice chat

Has Microsoft blocked some kinds of credit cards or something? When I want to pay for some points, I use MBNet, which is kind of like paypal, it's a security measure, that creates a virtual credit card which accesses only the amount of money I indicate from my account. The type of card it creates is a Mastercard, by the way. Since last week that I can't buy anything on X-Box Live because it won't accept the cards, both on the actual console and in its website. Does anyone know anything about this?

Because the Kinect sensor's motorized tilt mechanism requires more power than can be supplied via the Xbox 360's USB ports, the Kinect sensor features a proprietary connector combining USB communication with additional power. Redesigned "Xbox 360 S" models include a special AUX port for accommodating the connector, while older models require a special power supply cable (included with the sensor) which splits the connection into separate USB and power connections; power is supplied from the mains by way of an AC adapter.

So, in short, there should be a special power supply cable that came with Kinect, that you'll plug the USB end into a USB port in your older 360, and the other chord should plug into an outlet. If you have the new dashboard update that came out Monday, then you should be good to go once you calibrate everything.