The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I dunno, it just feels kinda clunky. Yeah, it's a return to form in that it's the only Sonic game of the last 10 years I actually give a rats arse about, but it's still not a patch on the first couple games. It looks the part, mind. The trial just left a lot to be desired, as far as I was concerned.

Need some help sending Xbox to Microsoft. About two days ago, I registered the console on their webiste and all that, then I got the receipt and it was all fine and dandy but I couldn't print it right there because my printer didn't had any ink, so I closed it and the next day I was at a friend's and tried to print it there but the receipt was incomplete. I checked it on my PC and it's still incomplete, something like this:

2cgl95i.png

I don't know why it isn't showing complete, the first time I saw it it was complete but then these last few times it's incomplete, anyone knows what's the problem here?

So I'm playing Dead Rising 2.

I'm going for the Zombie Genocider achievements.

I hit 500. I hit 5000. Easy.

I hit 53596. Achievement unlocked. Last one is for 72000.

I get to 68590. And then the military arrive.

fu.jpg

Last save is around 50k kills, and no, not really. I'm using the SUV with the extended vehicle life magazine to rack up 4 thousand kills at a time, just constant driving up and down the ouside park area but it's obviously still taking too long. Fuck this.

Ugh. And that's why I hate pointless trophies/cheevo's like that one - it's grinding for the sake of being grinding. If something isn't remotely fun, I won't even try it.

Also, I bought and downloaded "The Writer" earlier, the second Alan Wake DLC. I will probably play through it tomorrow, but definitely at some point during the week.

Seriously, something about reading "cheevo" makes my brain catch on fire.

And my first DR2 playthrough, I haven't actively tried getting achievements, but some of them, I have no idea how I will on any amount of plays.

Microsoft has been reported to now put out 500 MILLION for advertising for the Kinect.

Which would explain the price increase for online services to help off set that.

In other news

This is not worth 500 million.

Microsoft first came out with the system with ads that put it for the hardcore gamer, the man who likes to deal with those of a same mind set. The kinect is not in that group. Anyone else think their own advertising has hurt them in this?

While I won't be buying this, I have to watch it. Its like a plane crash.

I got paid yesterday, and I can actually afford to get both, but I know I shouldn't because that'd be like, £130 on video games this month (2000 Microsoft Points, Fallout collectors edition and Dead Rising 2), which is pretty bad. Especially when I still have Alan Wake DLC to play, Just Cause 2 to waste more time on and Borderlands to finally sink my teeth into. I need to stop bulk buying video games.