The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Should be on tonight but I have Spec Ops to do with a friend tonight at sometime.

Heads up, it's HARD. Fitzy and I managed to finish 3 or 4 on harden last night.

Yeah, but you had Fitzy to handicap you. I will have the Port!

Should be on tonight but I have Spec Ops to do with a friend tonight at sometime.

Heads up, it's HARD. Fitzy and I managed to finish 3 or 4 on harden last night.

Yeah, but you had Fitzy to handicap you. I will have the Port!

It's not that hard.. I'm half way through them on Veteran.

Gears of War 3 will be getting its first dose of campaign DLC next month with RAAM's Shadow, which sees the return of some old characters and the introduction of some new ones. Teaming up comic book Gears hero Michael Barrick with Gears 2 badass Tai Kaliso, Gears 1 leader Lt. Minh Young Kim and new female gear, Alicia Valera, RAAM's Shadow also adds a new 'Chocolate Weapon Set' and four new multiplayer characters.

There's also ten new achievements to be earned, adding 250 Gamerscore. Here they are for you to pore over:

* Welcome to Zeta – Complete “RAAM’s Shadow” in Standard Campaign on any difficulty. (25 points)

* Some Friendly Competition – Completed “RAAM’s Shadow” in Arcade on any difficulty. (25 points)

* Help from my Friends – Completed “RAAM’s Shadow” in 4 player co-op in Arcade or Standard Mode. (25 points)

* Finger of Doom – As RAAM, kill 50 gears using your Kryll. (15 points)

* I’m Rubber, You’re Glue – As Mauler, kill 10 Gears by reflecting their bullets using your shield. (15 points)

* Death from Above – Using the Hammer of Dawn Command Center, kill 50 Locust. (15 points)

* Unarmed and Dangerous – Using the Loader, kill 10 Locust. (15 points)

* Ghosts from the Past – Play 10 matches of Versus as a member of Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, or Valera) (Standard or Casual). (15 points)

* Foreshadowing – As RAAM, execute Minh 10 times in Versus MP (Standard or Casual). (25 points)

* Zeta Team, Go! – Complete waves 1 – 10 of Horde with 5 players as Zeta (Barrick, Tai, Minh, Valera, and Jace). (75 points)

Gears of War 3's RAAM's Shadow DLC will be coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace on December 13th for 1200 Microsoft Points, or it's free as part of the Season Pass, which is still available for 2400 Microsoft Points.

Who's down for it? (H)

I haven't heard anything of a weekend event for Gears. Maybe if we can wrangle up more people for the full 5 for Horde/Beast?

Also, the info on the Impossible Mission is supposed to come out today for Gears/

nohomo?

EDIT - Here is your weekend event news Ellis.

Are you ready for Blades and ‘Nades KOTH? No you won’t be skating around Old Town on your ice skates, you’ll be charging with your Retro Lancer and tossing your Frag Grenades into the ring. The Snub will be replaced by the Gorgon for some close up action. In your loadout, you will have the Retro Lancer and the Gorgon and all grenade pickups will be replaced with Frag Grenades. This is certain to be one explosive playlist! Don’t forget, we’ve added a visual indicator pointing out the next ring in Title Update 2 released earlier this week.

I started the Gears story the other day. S'alright, and it doesn't seem to be too hard to get to grips with the buttons. As for me being on your team, it'll depend on when. Tomorrow's difficult, and if I end up watching the PPV, Sunday will be even harder because my nephew will be here.