The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Aye. It was a fantastic send off. That was a great game of Horde. Epic is really right. Loved it.

Definitely gonna pick the game up again in the future.

I say goodbye to the Geardamn Lads, it was an honour to fight by yourside. I say hello to the CoDdamn Lads. Let's go to fucking war.

End up doing the trade in for half price deal?

I'm just waiting for mine to come through, bloody postman didn't turn up 'til 1pm yesterday so it might be some time, got a busy couple of hours this afternoon too so won't get to play properly til later on :(

Yeah, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but even the older CoD games are still quite expensive when you compare it to other games a year or two after release.

W@W, MW1, MW2 and Black Ops are all currently in Gamestation's 2for £20. Between £15 and £25 brand new.

Yer, we do. But apparently Gamestation can't pricematch CEX anymore. Used to work there and my old store has a new manager (from GAME) and one of the guys told me CEX matching was done for.

Nope. Apparently they're getting stricter on the criteria, e.g. matching a total price rather than an individual item, but it's not done for.

Baddar, Gold stacks so if you use the code you buy, it'll just add on to the end of what you've already got. Though, since you like to pick and choose when you start Gold since you don't use it all the time, I can see why you might want to wait. You should be fine though, i'm not entirely sure if there's an expiration at all since I think you can still use Gold subs from the original Xbox and they work.

As for Gamestation/CEX, in my experience it can be a bit iffy. The first time I tried it, they were like ":/ price match?" and wanted me to bring receipts and such when I could very easily just show the trade price from their website on my phone. Recently though when I was trading stuff for Gears, I was asking about how much Gears would be on release and let the girl serving put me down for some pre-orders so things went much smoother. She didn't even check really, just asked me what they were giving for it and gave me that much in credit.

And Summ, if you're trading in two things then you might run into some issues caus when I've tried that they just say "It's only plus one pound on the entire thing, not on each item" so you might consider going in twice? :shifty:

Still, saying that, you might get an extra fiver off for trading in two things towards it so that might help. I dunno what GS is doing for MW3 release.

CEX's website can be manipulated on phones to show whatever trade price you want, thus it's not acceptable. We've rejected at ours for ages though, purely because it's a bitch to get a signal in our store, and you can fuck off if you think I'm waiting over a minute for each page to load.

Also can't do the extra fiver off and price match.

Also I have never seen so many scummy fucking common folk in our store as I have done this past midnight and working day. COD is the worst.