Beijing Olympics 2008

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Men's Judo:

Watching live, Malek Mohammadi (Iran) just RAPED some Slovenian. He accidentally headbutted the guy, who then made a big deal about it, but once the fight was restarted he drove him down into the mat FACE FIRST with his entire body directly above him, while gripping his legs with his other arm nearly breaking his neck, and then he obviously had to flip over onto his back quickly before his head ripped off. Malek Mohammadi wins by ippon.

Was fucking insane. The Slovenian got up and seemed fine afterward, which is equally insane.

Upon reading it, my description of it is shit. Just find the replay.

Edited by The Kraig

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Womens Synchronised Diving spoilers

And we win our first silver medal through Melissa Wu and Briony Cole. Woo!

Guess who won <_<

Also, turns out quite a few of the fireworks in the Opening Ceremony had been pre-recorded, and some other parts were 'faked' as well.

Edited by Zaz

So on the BBC website I just read that Baseball is gonna be replaced by Ultimate Frisbee at the London Olympics in 2012. That's brilliant news if it's true.

Squash should probably replace tennis too :P

Ultimate Frisbee makes about as much sense as Curling, which is in the Winter Olympics, despite not being a sport.

Personally, I think they need to add either Jacks, Shuffleboard, Hopscotch or Tiddleywinks for the 2012 games. :shifty:

Not watched any of the Olympics until last night. I watched the highlights of the teenage kid doing Syncronished swimming, then watched the mens Judo final, which was quite enjoyable.

I'm vaguely interested in the wrestling and weight lifting, and thats about it now. There's other events I'd watch if the TV was on and I was lazy, like swimming I guess.

I read a report last night that Blake Aldridge, the guy who partnered the kid in syncronised swimming has pretty much blamed the kid for them coming last. I can't find the report again now, but it made him seem like a complete arse-hole.

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

Guest Mr. Potato Head
So on the BBC website I just read that Baseball is gonna be replaced by Ultimate Frisbee at the London Olympics in 2012. That's brilliant news if it's true.

Squash should probably replace tennis too :P

Ultimate Frisbee makes about as much sense as Curling, which is in the Winter Olympics, despite not being a sport.

Personally, I think they need to add either Jacks, Shuffleboard, Hopscotch or Tiddleywinks for the 2012 games. :shifty:

Curling is a sport.

Who saw the womens weighlifting earlier? Had the 'Unintentional Comedy Moment Of The Olympics' moment so far. A Chinese woman had to lift her weights for a gold medal, but if she failed she got nothing. She failed and fell to the floor crying her eyes out, then walked off to the backstage area still crying. She turns the corner into the backstage area to see her trainer, but as she goes round the corner she accidentally SMACK's her head on the wall, making her scream and cry even louder!

Who saw the womens weighlifting earlier? Had the 'Unintentional Comedy Moment Of The Olympics' moment so far. A Chinese woman had to lift her weights for a gold medal, but if she failed she got nothing. She failed and fell to the floor crying her eyes out, then walked off to the backstage area still crying. She turns the corner into the backstage area to see her trainer, but as she goes round the corner she accidentally SMACK's her head on the wall, making her scream and cry even louder!

She was Russian or Romanian, not Chinese. Was hilarious though.

And yeah Hammy, the Badminton was awesome.