Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

I tend to call bullshit on the 'if he's running at that speed any contact will send him down' argument, but in that case I can't see how a full pelt Young could've stayed on his feet after being clipped from behind. I genuinely can't see why its even being suggested.

I'm not saying it wasn't a foul on Young, but football players on the whole tend to go down easier than, say, people do in amateur leagues. I've been clipped, and seen people clipped, stumble through and try and stay on their feet because they know fouls aren't as likely to be given (mostly because our ref's suck and are busy reffing two games at once).

I tend to call bullshit on the 'if he's running at that speed any contact will send him down' argument, but in that case I can't see how a full pelt Young could've stayed on his feet after being clipped from behind. I genuinely can't see why its even being suggested.

Because he starts to go down before the contact? Only reason I care though is that I lost fantasy points because of it. <_<

Doni is expected to return from Brazil in the next week or two. "Personal problems" is still the reason being kicked about for his absence, but I imagine he's being forced back since Reina has allegedly aggravated his hamstring injury in training and Peter Gulasci has split his finger open.

Read it this morning, all very silly. Why in the world would they not aim goal kicks at the 6' whatever monster surrounded by some dinky red shirts? Apart from 'the keeper kicks it long' every single one of his quoted comments is arguable at best or simply incorrect. Never mind the fact that they've scored one header and had another lofted free kick goal disallowed.

Edited by Colly

Don't know If this is the right thread but he is a player of city.

Past sunday Guidetti returned to the Kuip for his goodbye. It was a special, at least for me and almost ever Feyenoord fan. He only played 23 games for us but he made an impact with both his personality, spirit and goals. He scored 20 goals and had 8 assist. He rook Feyenoord in his heart and we Feyenoorders rook big John Guidetti in ours. I had goosebumps because of this. Will post the video tonight.

So, any City experts here know which team he will be loaned out next?