2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deal is done, it's on NFL.com. That's an insane trade, the Browns must really not see a star in him to be trading him this soon.

Well, it is a different coaching staff/front office so it's not as insane as it would've been had it been the same people that drafted him.

The Browns traded Trent Richardson, their best draft pick in years, away for a measly first rounder!? I don't care if they're tanking for Clowney or not, if this is true it's proof that Cleveland will always suck. What a moronic trade.

• Like 1

They now have a two picks in rounds 1, 3 and 4 of the 2014 draft. I expect them to either blow each of them separately or package them all together for one high priced bust.

I'm surprised the Giants didn't fall all over themselves to get him.

They now have a two picks in rounds 1, 3 and 4 of the 2014 draft. I expect them to either blow each of them separately or package them all together for one high priced bust.

I would laugh if they got Clowney, and he became Courtney Brown 2.0.

I say they'll put together a package deal for Bridgewater. I think they realize Weeden just isn't going to cut it. It doesn't make this trade any less stupid, but still.

It's absolutely retarded, unless their scheme is to end up with Clowney and Bridgewater. They were going to be in great position to get one of them, why would you also trade away a stud RB on top of that? I'm sure Teddy is going to love playing on a team devoid of any offensive talent.

Fully expect everyone to hate on the Browns for this based on the perception Richardson is a good RB (something he was in college and you'd think he was based on his draft status), but I absolutely love it for a few reasons.

1. Like I mentioned, Trent is not that good. Having watched every pro game he's played in so far, he is incredibly slow, dances around rather than hitting holes, and is incredibly injury prone.

2. The Browns have all the ammunition (and the bad team) to get Teddy Bridgewater. This team is not going to win anything, no matter how many good players on the team, until they get a franchise QB. Do whatever it takes to get one and the other pieces fall as they will

3. This current regime has no ties to Richardson or where he was picked, so it is irrelevant to them he was taken 3rd overall. To get a 1st for him at all in a league where RB is a dying position...I love it.

Again, hate all you will, but I am a big fan of this trade.

It will be funny painful watching Jacksonville play Cleveland later in the season. It will be the "Teddy Bridgewater Bowl", and loser takes all.

Fixed for truth.

I am shocked at this. I'm not an expert but that seems really bad for the Browns

That's because it is bad for them, despite what homers like Mofo may claim.

It will be funny painful watching Jacksonville play Cleveland later in the season. It will be the "Teddy Bridgewater Bowl", and loser takes all.

Fixed for truth.

I am shocked at this. I'm not an expert but that seems really bad for the Browns

:lol:

Logic is homerism when you don't agree with it. That's why I don't post on this board.

Keep on bashing the Browns about something none of you have any idea about. Will be fun to read the idiocy!

Wow Mofo, fuck off.

I will reiterate this, there is no point in trading him, because they're going to have a perfectly fine shot at drafting Bridgewater anyways. You know what helps a young QB develop? A good running game, which is what Richardson brings..

In fantasy news, someone just offered me Marshawn Lynch for Randall Cobb. I could not click accept fast enough.

• Like 3

Sometime as a Browns fan you see these things happen and have to ask, "is there a God?"

Clearly they know he wasn't for them going into the season because they gave themselves no time the figure it out. Sure the Colts were on the market for a running back, but I wish they would have just moved him during the off-season. Drafting Richardson was one of the few offensive pieces we've drafted since 1999 that made people excited for the future. Now they get rid of him just to build for the future again? Well, I'll see you all three years for now when Joe Banner is fired and a new general manager is hired who does the exact same thing we've been doing for over ten years. You can't just hit the reset button every three years. Not in the most profitable sports organization in the country. This is unexceptionable, and there's nothing anyone will do about it.

• Like 1

Fixed for truth.

Keep on bashing the Browns about something none of you have any idea about. Will be fun to read the idiocy!

Browns suck. Trent Richardson good. Browns trade T-Rich for a cup of coffee. Browns suck harder.

What's not to know?

• Like 2

I think my biggest misunderstanding is that why wasn't Richardson shopped? I'm sure there are dumb teams out there (my Jets for example) that would have given up something more than what the Browns actually got for Richardson (Jets 1st is worth more than the Colts 1st).

The other part I'm okayish with is that, Trent Richardson is a running back. I don't know how much running back really matters unless you are named Adrian Peterson.

That being said, I still believe the trade is pretty bad in terms of just value. Giving up on the #3 pick in a draft a year ago after 17 games seems awful for what will most likely be the #16 pick or so this season. Despite comments above, I do think Richardson is the real deal. It isn't as if there is tons of talent surrounding him on that Browns offense to help him out. I fully expect Richardson to look a hell of a lot better with the Colts.

I assume the Browns are looking to outsuck the Jags for Bridgewater, and use the Colts pick to move up in case they somehow win some games? I have no idea.