2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Browns are apparently hoping to replace Richardson with Ben Tate in the offseason. They'd better blow him away with an offer, because there are teams a lot closer to contending that are going to need running backs.

The Browns are apparently hoping to replace Richardson with Ben Tate in the offseason. They'd better blow him away with an offer, because there are teams a lot closer to contending that are going to need running backs.

Could you have a more pointless vendetta and hatred toward the Browns? Christ, you are the worst.

In other news, Brian Hoyer ended any chance of Weeden reclaiming his starting job any time soon. He wasn't great, but a game winning drive like that can't be ignored.

They'll presumably have the money, but Ben Tate is going to get an absurd offer from somewhere this offseason because a whole lot of teams need RBs. Fortunately for Cleveland, outside of a handful of RBs teams aren't willing to spend a ton of money on them in this day and age. If you're not convinced Ben Tate can be Lynch, Peterson, Rice, Forte, etc. then it's not worth forking over a lot of cap space for him (which kind of explains the Richardson trade from a money standpoint).

This whole rebuilding plan is such a gamble. New England, Denver, Baltimore, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. never traded away what they had in order to build for the future. Not only do the Browns have to suck this year to get a high enough draft pick, they have to hope if they need to they can try to trade up with someone willing to trade down. And on top of that, if they're going to continue stockpiling picks and trading away talent they have to hope the picks all land. A lot of the great teams do stockpile picks, but they also keep what they have so they don't need to worry about burning a pick on something they already had.

Could you have a more pointless vendetta and hatred toward the Browns? Christ, you are the worst.

In other news, Brian Hoyer ended any chance of Weeden reclaiming his starting job any time soon. He wasn't great, but a game winning drive like that can't be ignored.

Shut the fuck up. I'm posting news I saw, and making a comment on it. Sorry I lack the raging hard on for the Browns that you have, so I don't put a positive spin on everything. Want me to elaborate? If they can land Tate, that makes the Richardson deal much better, but guess what? Tate is going to be in demand and he's going to be getting offers from teams a whole lot better than the Browns. Sorry if you aren't prepared to deal with that reality.

If you're wondering why I have a problem with you, it's because you came back on here and were an absolute dickhead to everyone because they happened to be mocking a team you like and you decided to take it personally.

• Like 2

Guys, I think the Browns touched Maxx when he was young :shifty: .

No, that's the Browns :shifty:

HEY-OOOO!

• Like 2

And a convenient injuries for the Bills gives them an extra timeout.

You and about 95% of football "fans" still don't understand the rules. The clock obviously stops for the injury, but under two minutes if the team doesn't have any timeouts left, the refs wind the clock once the ball is spotted and play is ready. So the fact fans boo for injuries, fake or not, in these situations, is absolutely tasteless. Faking injuries in a no huddle offense is one thing as the pace slows down, but faking an injury this late in the game with no timeouts doesn't make sense as the clock still continues to run either way.

:rolleyes:

People sure are uppity today. Nice use of quotations around fans, you arrogant prick. You should leave, a person of your high standing shouldn't be muddling about among us common "fans."

My bad in kind of flipping out there. I'm a Jets fan and pisses me off fans at the stadium booing at things like that. Plus part of it was taking it out on the announcers of the game, especially Marv Albert. He was so clueless the whole game, he needs to stick to basketball.