2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Srar takes her NFL following habits from Ric Flair. She's supposed to support one team, but, y'know, 49ers.

As much as Phil Simms annoys me on Madden I do love the way he complete no-sells Jim Nantz's promos for CBS shows, about half a second after he's finished doing a promo Simms is back to talking about the game.

Maybe the Sky guys could learn something from that instead of talking about the Wembley games that are happening in nine months instead of the PLAY OFFS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

• Like 2

The biggest problem with ESPN is that they've turned into TMZ for sports. I don't care about the exploits of Johnny Manziel. Just give me highlights! Everything is also LA and NY-centric, regardless of how bad many of those teams are. I hear more about the Lakers being mediocre than the Pacers having the best record in the league. All of their shows(excluding PTI and Around the Horn) are just plain awful. First Take is arguably the worst thing I've ever seen. Even SportsNation, which was quite fun for a while, is now terrible with the new hosts.

• Like 1

I'm going to regret asking this, but where do you read stuff instead?

There are millions of places. What do you mean by 'read stuff'? As in what is happening in the world of sports? There is NBC Sports, Fox Sports, or you can go to the individual league pages (www.nba.com or www.nfl.com etc.). In fact, I follow Notre Dame football religiously and ESPN is always at least hours behind information I hear elsewhere. And they even have a blogger dedicated to just Notre Dame football.

ESPN has become beyond bias, especially when it comes to college football, thanks to their deal with the SEC. That's the main reason I gave up on them because I got tired of everybody on ESPN slurping down Southeastern Cocks.

The biggest problem with ESPN is that they've turning into TMZ for sports. I don't care about the exploits of Johnny Manziel. Just give me highlights! Everything is also LA and NY-centric, regardless of how bad many of those teams are. I hear more about the Lakers being mediocre than the Pacers having the best record in the league. All of their shows(excluding PTI and Around the Horn) are just plain awful. First Take is arguably the worst thing I've ever seen. Even SportsNation, which was quite fun for a while, is now terrible with the new hosts.

This is dead on. ESPN is sports TMZ. They'll talk more about Tim Tebow not playing football than anyone who actually is.