Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

Saying Xbox owners should want to buy a ps4 to buy games for the ps3. It'd be like someone suggesting ps3 owners should buy a 360 to catch up on games they missed.

There's plenty reasons to pick a ps4, just think that is a silly one to trot out. "Forget the new Halo and Titanfall guys, you can play Killzone 1 and LBP!"

Well if you can play XBox 360 games on an XBone, and you only had a PS3 this generation, you'd get a shot to play some of the 360 exclusives without needing to pick up an old console. Same as with PS3 games on a PS4. Same as with DOS games on a new PC. Kind of.

Saying Xbox owners should want to buy a ps4 to buy games for the ps3. It'd be like someone suggesting ps3 owners should buy a 360 to catch up on games they missed.

Yes. Yes it is. It is exactly like that.

Given that the systems are close in power, the only reasons to point out why one would be preferable to a game buyer would be all the little differences you keep shooting down as little differences.

You want a spec sheet? There was one linked pages ago. Go look it up if it means that much.

You dont own a vita so the fact vita will play a role in the ps4 means nothing to you. You don't care about the kinect, and the exclusives appeal to you from both parties. The only real difference between them was what I said in my last post then. One is slightly more powerful but less to buy. Which you skipped over because it would be hard to complain about those things I guess.

Also killzone 1 was ps2. Also you can get that for dl too. Also lbp rocks. also.

Im sure the Xbone will eventually build such a library,

I mean, if they didn't they would have to tell their customer base to just buy a 360 inste...

oh.

No but seriously, I think microsoft will follow what sony has done and just make it a digital library too.

Right now the only exclusive on the One side of things is Halo. Quantum Break could be one, but as good as that trailer looked there's still no actual gameplay or idea of what it'll actually be. That said, I'm still leaning towards a PS4 whenever I decide to go next-gen. I could probably co-op Halo at a friends if they get the One, and I could always miss out on Quantum Break. I can't remember if there's really any other One exclusives that interest me.

There's plenty reasons to pick a ps4, just think that is a silly one to trot out. "Forget the new Halo and Titanfall guys, you can play Killzone 1 and LBP!"

I'd rather play Little Big Planet over and over again than Halo. Like, seriously. That game is wonderful. I can get the same experience from Halo in pretty much any other FPS.

I'll definitely be buying both with the removal of the always on. Still more excited for the PS4, even if their exclusives aren't all that interesting to me... but then, on the exclusives side the only Xbone one that KIND OF interests me is Dead Rising 3 (and that's only about as much as Infamous). And even if it came out when I had an Xbone, I'd get Titanfall for PC instead anyway. :P

Exclusives are pretty weak both ways. I'm going PS4 because I much prefer the PS3 to the 360, because they're pretty much the same machine now, outside of a few exclusives and some TV related stuff... that only applies to the US. >_>

EDIT: Oh! And I really love the idea of streaming PS4 games to my Vita to play elsewhere in the house. That's a pretty good selling point for me.

I've just been reminded of something: remember that mini xbox 360 that was rumoured to be coming out soon that didn't have a disc drive and only played downloaded content?

What if that would use the Xbox One's HDMI input to play everything as a superconsole?

Granted, a £600 superconsole.

Didn't Spark work off voice commands?

There was that bit of the start of it's presentation where they just had a world and the guy was like 'Snow! Actually, trees!' etc but there was also the section that turned into more of an action game and someone was making mountains for the player character to utilise for a vantage point. Not sure if that was done by Kinect, controller or SmartGlass though.

The only other world manipulaty thing that's springing to mind that I saw around E3 was Peter Molyneux briefly showing off Godus on Gametrailers.