The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

I knew they wouldn't be anything special. They replaced an exceptional talent with a throng of mediocrity that didn't improve over what they already had.

None of the players were as good as Bale, but everyone we bought was definitely an upgrade on what we already had otherwise. I still think we did good business, it just hasn't all worked out yet. Plus, each player we've bought, other than Soldado, has been injured so far this season, which has kinda halted things up. There's plenty of time to turn things around, as Arsenal found last year.

Remys appeal was rejected, while Johnsons wasn't, which apparently means that you can go head to head with someone but as long as you're the one who reels back clutching your head as if Ric Flair's just poked you in the eye you don't get a ban.

• Like 2

I'm not entirely sure how a team featuring Tiote and Anita, two defensive minded midfielders can have 20 yards of space in front of the centre backs.