The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Amazing! Summ's right, that should be goal of the season. I enjoyed that far more than yet another thirty yard thunderbolt.

I know, right? I have no idea how he's even managed to hit that so badly.. from such an easy position, to make that happen.

Thought I'd listen to 606 for a laugh and Chelsea fans (and Mourinho by the sounds of it) complaining about West Ham "parking the bus", as if that is cheating somehow. Clearly they should have gone and tried to play free flowing football away from home against one of the best sides in the league.

Thought I'd listen to 606 for a laugh and Chelsea fans (and Mourinho by the sounds of it) complaining about West Ham "parking the bus", as if that is cheating somehow. Clearly they should have gone and tried to play free flowing football away from home against one of the best sides in the league.

Or got more of their shots on target. 30 shots off target! 30!

That's terrible.

Why are you lot still bitching about the disallowed goal? Adebayor got a touch on the free kick. Dawson was offside when that happened. Ade was also offside when the free kick was taken. Two offside calls for ya.

• Like 1

Why are you lot still bitching about the disallowed goal? Adebayor got a touch on the free kick. Dawson was offside when that happened. Ade was also offside when the free kick was taken. Two offside calls for ya.

I can't believe such an obviously correct decision got so much comment. Bizarre.

• Like 1

I can't believe such an obviously correct decision got so much comment. Bizarre.

Yeah, Adebayor touched the ball. Also it was a penalty and a red card, I don't know why people keep thinking that just because you touched the ball, it's okay. Rose hits Dzeko from behind.

Edited by NicklasBendtner

If West Ham had been playing '19th Century football', they'd have been playing with only 2 defenders and Chelsea would have won 25-0.

C'mon Jose, at least try to be historically accurate. :shifty:

Any fan (Chelsea or otherwise) who complains about West Ham's tactics is a twat. Even in his interview Mourinho was like "it's 19th century football.........but fair play to them, I might have done the same in their shoes".

So West Ham did what they wanted to do well. A few of our players under-performed (thinking specifically of Ramires and Ivanovic), and we were unlucky with a number of shots...but fuck me the referee was so lost the entire game. Whether it was somone going through another player's ankle, or even something as miniscule as a throw-in, he looked as though he had his head in the clouds and didn't know what was going on.

So with all that by itself I would be frustrated but begrudging (we fail to capitalise on another team slipping up *yet again*). But what to me seems a complete fudge is the Eto'o 'goal'.

I recorded the match overnight and watched the Eto'o incident this morning (I was at the far end of the stadium). No whistle is blown. No signal is given for a freekick. The keeper smothers a low shot and everyone (except Eto'o) trudges back up the pitch to await his punt upfield. He puts the ball down. Eto'o scores. The referee looks fucking confused and eventually says "......................................Freekick?".

Farce.

If West Ham had been playing '19th Century football', they'd have been playing with only 2 defenders and Chelsea would have won 25-0.

C'mon Jose, at least try to be historically accurate. :shifty:

The amusing part is that we were virtually playing 2-3-5 by the end. :shifty: