NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I personally think the Lakers should look into Lionel Hollins or George Karl to be honest... I like Karl for them to be honest but I could see the grittiness and defense that Hollins could teach there... Both would be good fits IMO...

At this point the idea of "pairing someone with Kobe" is a bad idea. We have no clue how effective he'll be if he'll even be totally healthy again. Lakers are best not looking at 2015 or 2016 and instead looking ahead at 2017 and beyond, especially with the salary cap continuing its rapid rise. Everybody is going to test the market now since numerous times will always have the money.

Completely agree. I love Kobe, and everything he's done for the team and this city, and I'd love for him to come back and have one more run before retiring, but the team needs so much more than one player. Drafting a player is the right way to go, and try to sign Love/ETC at a later date.

It's not a one year reload, this is a couple of year rebuild.

Good stuff by the Wizards. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Should be a great team in the near future as Wall and Beal grow as players. Happy to see the Pacers advance, though. Great stuff by David West once again tonight, he's always able to get them out of a funk.

2 missed 3's by Westbrook already <_<

At this point the idea of "pairing someone with Kobe" is a bad idea. We have no clue how effective he'll be if he'll even be totally healthy again. Lakers are best not looking at 2015 or 2016 and instead looking ahead at 2017 and beyond, especially with the salary cap continuing its rapid rise. Everybody is going to test the market now since numerous times will always have the money.

Completely agree. I love Kobe, and everything he's done for the team and this city, and I'd love for him to come back and have one more run before retiring, but the team needs so much more than one player. Drafting a player is the right way to go, and try to sign Love/ETC at a later date.

The worst thing the Lakers have done in the past 5 years was giving Kobe Bryant that contract extension last fall. His salary is going to account for just about one-third of the salary cap and he's just not that type of player anymore. The notion of giving an injured player a pricey new contract based on his career is absurd, This isn't the Academy Awards where you get a lifetime achievement award. They are paying Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant over a combined $33 million in 2014-15 and they played a combined 21 games this season. Plus, Kevin Love can opt out after next season and probably will want to go back to LA anyway so trading a lottery pick might not be the best option since they might be able to get him in a sign-and-trade after next year.

The worst thing the Lakers have done in the past 5 years was giving Kobe Bryant that contract extension last fall. His salary is going to account for just about one-third of the salary cap and he's just not that type of player anymore. The notion of giving an injured player a pricey new contract based on his career is absurd, This isn't the Academy Awards where you get a lifetime achievement award. They are paying Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant over a combined $33 million in 2014-15 and they played a combined 21 games this season. Plus, Kevin Love can opt out after next season and probably will want to go back to LA anyway so trading a lottery pick might not be the best option since they might be able to get him in a sign-and-trade after next year.

That contract doesn't really hurt them, actually. He'll be off the books before there's anyone worth signing.