NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Simmons is telling it like it is right now. Gilbert is an absolute moron as an owner, no reason he should get rewarded for his incompetence.

But the real winner tonight was Mallory Edens because she won my heart.

Stay in your age bracket buddy!

Oh my god this Pitbull playoff song I can't take it anymore. It's so bad but goddammit it's always in my head. I was walking around the other day randomly going "Playoffs!". :(

• Like 1

I'd love nothing more than for Philly to miss out on a Top-3 pick. They've been talking for weeks on Sports talk radio about how they're a lock to get either one of Wiggins/Parker.

I drive down to South Jersey everyday for work and catch the last few minutes of Mike and Mike until I'm forced to listen to Bruno and Mays - and god, they're horrible. It's mostly Tony and their annoying sound effects that I hate but if I have to listen to them missing out on a Top 3 pick I'll shoot myself... or just change the station.

I can not listen to Bruno for more than two minutes. He is a major front-running homer who doesn't know what he's talking about 90% of the time. And I use to like Missanelli until I read about what a huge homophobe he is. I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to 94.1 though. <_<

It would be a special moment seeing them miss out on Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Exum after their shameful tank.

At least Milwaukee tried to win! They can't help it that the best player they could lure to town was O.J. Mayo.

Also I agree with Bill Simmons. Embiid is going number 1 no matter who has it. Unless an MRI shows a chronic, career-threatening issue. You get a taller, more athletic Ibaka at worst with him.

I know you probably meant Free Agency as "Lure" but you forgot the Greek Freak. Antetokounmpoooooooo!

It would be a special moment seeing them miss out on Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Exum after their shameful tank.

At least Milwaukee tried to win! They can't help it that the best player they could lure to town was O.J. Mayo.

Also I agree with Bill Simmons. Embiid is going number 1 no matter who has it. Unless an MRI shows a chronic, career-threatening issue. You get a taller, more athletic Ibaka at worst with him.

I know you probably meant Free Agency as "Lure" but you forgot the Greek Freak. Antetokounmpoooooooo!

Best signing that franchise has made since Cassell.

• Like 1

It will go to at least Game 6, 4-2.

EDIT: Shame they couldn't get a good look for a 3 at the end. The Pacers were pretty good as visitors in the Hawks and Wizards series', hopefully they can snag Game 3. They've gotta make sure West stays out of foul trouble and that they don't blow their wad in the first half. The Heat always lose/don't play to their standard before making the wrestling comeback in the 4th.

Seriously, whoever said that the Playoffs would be boring just because all the underdogs got knocked out is crazy. This has been some fucking wonderful basketball. I'm not even mad that Miami won today, after an amazing game like that.

Edited by Benkid
  • Like 2