NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Yeah I watched the last five minutes of the game and it was quite the thriller. Some great shooting by both teams, notably George. Bosh and Lewis both hit big three's for the Heat down the stretch though. The Wade pass to Lewis was unreal, I'm pretty sure it was no look but I didn't see a replay.

George just went off in the second half, mostly the 4th quarter. I read an article earlier this week (before game 4) off ESPN I believe that said he needed to be more of a factor like he was last season to bring this series back, as opposed to Stephenson continuing.

Great game, and I only watched the last little bit lol

Whats more, its being said he bought it himself and not as part of an ownship group, and Ballmer himself is worth $20 billion...so he paid 10% of his networth...wow

• Like 1

With Balmer buying the Clippers I guess this kills any chance of the Sonics coming back in the near future, given he was the guy trying to get the Kings and move them there. There's no way the Clippers could or should be moved, so Seattle will have to find someone else to take the helm of their attempts to get a team.

The double standard with Seattle really bothered me too. I mean the league basically said fuck you and let the team go to OKC, but then when they tried to do the same to the Kings all of sudden Stern decides to have a conscience.

It's because of a few reasons, but Bennett basically bought the team under the guise of keeping them in Seattle. Then as soon as he had control did everything to move them to OKC. With the Kings the owners who were buying the team were vocal about moving them to Seattle and building a new arena. Then an offer from Sacramento came forward also with the proposition to build a new arena. Had no one from Sacramento wanted to build a new arena then the team would have gone to Seattle.

Minnesota is the next possibility for a team to relocate, and given how horrifically run they are and how little anyone in the Twin Cities cares about basketball (they did alright when there was no hockey and they had KG but that was it) it is certainly a possibility in the future.

Yeah, but at the end of the day, Stern and the league approve any relocation.(And funnily enough Bennett is head of the relocation committee) He basically let it happen and then turns it around on them when they try to do it themselves. It was really shitty, especially considering the Maloofs had already agreed to sell to the Seattle group. Besides, Cali has enough teams anyway. I believe he said afterward that Seattle would be considered should the NBA look to expand in a few years, but that's hardly a consolation.

ESPN is reporting the team was sold without Sterlings approval by the "Sterling Family trust", who was able to get Donald ruled mentally unfit and thus give him no say in selling the team

The Sterling family trust has signed an agreement to sell the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer for $2 billion, sources tell ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne.

The agreement is going straight to the NBA for final approval and does not require additional approval from banned Clippers owner Donald Sterling, according to sources. ESPN has learned that Sterling was declared mentally incapacitated by experts, leaving his wife, Shelly Sterling, as the sole trustee of the family's trust and giving her the power to sell the team without his approval.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11003237/former-microsoft-executive-steve-ballmer-submits-winning-bid-buy-clippers-according-sources

• Like 1

I have my doubts he's actually mentally unfit but all's well that ends well.

They say he has dementia or something like that. Of course that could've been just trying to get sympathy but he does look like an out of touch, crazy motherfucker.

• Like 1

I have my doubts he's actually mentally unfit but all's well that ends well.

They say he has dementia or something like that. Of course that could've been just trying to get sympathy but he does look like an out of touch, crazy motherfucker.

You could probably argue both ways. Though in his mindset, defenses, etc. He does and is just a crazy mofo lol.

Good riddance. It's amazing they got $2B, but kinda sad it's going to that family. (look out for when the Steinbrener's eventually sell the Yankees now)

Two days ago marked the two-year anniversary of when I became a basketball fan, thanks to this play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwCJrS67NsA

(Kevin Durant is still looking for that ball)

• Like 1