NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I also heard Calipari thrown around.

I heard this too, but A. Calipari wouldn't do it and B. There is still major resentment from the fans here towards him. College basketball is big here, and the fans still haven't forgiven Cal for leaving the way he did.

Thibs I could live with. I just don't like the idea of stinking again, especially considering we owe a lottery pick to Cleveland already. And Z-Bo is a massive fan favorite. Trading him won't go over well. I think the window's closed on that anyway. He's on the last year of his deal and it's a player option. He'll either opt-in, strike a new deal to stay in Memphis, or opt-out and hit the open market. My biggest concern is that Pera is doing a rebuild to drive down attendance so he can move the team to California or Seattle when the FedEx Forum lease is up. He's a Silicon Valley guy anyway. It may be far fetched, but I don't trust him.

Or he's simply blowing it up because he knows that the current roster isn't really going to compete for a championship.

Also, the FedEx Forum is hardly old enough for him to be able to sell the idea that he needs a new one or he'll bolt so I wouldn't really worry about that.

The only reason I want to see the Heat win is because I have doubt the Pacers will provide a great final series, even after possibly beating the best top. It's sad but it is more fun watching 'Bron and Wade then most players.

Don't get me wrong tho, there is no team I'd rather see or think deserves to beat Miami 4/7 then them.

Bucks are a good shot to get a top pick too since they just got sold to new owners who magically came out of nowhere to keep the franchise in Milwaukee.

Philadelphia tanked like you'd never believe so they're fucked, in fact I wouldn't be shocked if New Orleans got a top 3 pick so they get to keep that pick they traded in the Jrue Holliday deal.

But yeah, Lakers and Celtics are locks.

It would be a special moment seeing them miss out on Embiid, Wiggins, Parker, and Exum after their shameful tank.

At least Milwaukee tried to win! They can't help it that the best player they could lure to town was O.J. Mayo.

Also I agree with Bill Simmons. Embiid is going number 1 no matter who has it. Unless an MRI shows a chronic, career-threatening issue. You get a taller, more athletic Ibaka at worst with him.

I'd love nothing more than for Philly to miss out on a Top-3 pick. They've been talking for weeks on Sports talk radio about how they're a lock to get either one of Wiggins/Parker.

I drive down to South Jersey everyday for work and catch the last few minutes of Mike and Mike until I'm forced to listen to Bruno and Mays - and god, they're horrible. It's mostly Tony and their annoying sound effects that I hate but if I have to listen to them missing out on a Top 3 pick I'll shoot myself... or just change the station.

I want to marry the Bucks girl.

And they are determined to get Cleveland back on track, even though they keep wasting top picks. Can't have Kyrie bailing I guess. *Barf*