NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Kevin Love told Minnesota he will leave as a FA after next season, basically forcing Minnesota to trade him this summer. Chicago and Golden State are 2 teams he prefers while teams like the Lakers and Celtics will obviously make big runs at him as well. Houston and Phoenix are 2 sleepers to look out for with all the assets they have.

• Like 1

Yes, what a hero.

I don't recall saying that. At least he's not stringing them along about it. His prime is being wasted in a badly run organization. He wants to play for a competent one. I fail to see the problem with it. If you were one of the best in your field but were unhappy with your employer I'm pretty sure you'd bolt as well given the chance.

Yes, what a hero.

I don't recall saying that. At least he's not stringing them along about it. His prime is being wasted in a badly run organization. He wants to play for a competent one. I fail to see the problem with it. If you were one of the best in your field but were unhappy with your employer I'm pretty sure you'd bolt as well given the chance.

I agree with this, although I wouldn't be very pro-Love if he was the one that made it public, which puts Minnesota in a tight spot. But it's certainly better for them that he tells them he's not coming back now rather than in a year and gives them a chance to act accordingly.

• Like 1

Kevin Love told Minnesota he will leave as a FA after next season, basically forcing Minnesota to trade him this summer. Chicago and Golden State are 2 teams he prefers while teams like the Lakers and Celtics will obviously make big runs at him as well. Houston and Phoenix are 2 sleepers to look out for with all the assets they have.

We'll take him! And Carmelo! :w00t:

Grizzlies have fired their CEO and Assistant GM, with the future of the head coach and GM uncertain now. I don't know what Pera is thinking, if he's trying to blow everything up after 1 year into a new regime, but I don't like it. I felt like the Grizzlies were being run competently for the first time. Not anymore.

Grizzlies have fired their CEO and Assistant GM, with the future of the head coach and GM uncertain now. I don't know what Pera is thinking, if he's trying to blow everything up after 1 year into a new regime, but I don't like it. I felt like the Grizzlies were being run competently for the first time. Not anymore.

I think they should probably sell high on Randolph and get some young players/picks for him to keep this core a float. He's got to only have a couple years left in the tank and I doubt Memphis is going to benefit from keeping him imo. Who else do they really have to build around that's pretty young aside from Conley? Is Gasol still under 30?

Bill Simmons @BillSimmons 4h

Hearing that, if the Grizz totally clean house, the Memphis owner will look to trade for Tom Thibodeau + give him an SVG/Pistons-type deal.

I also heard Calipari thrown around.

I heard this too, but A. Calipari wouldn't do it and B. There is still major resentment from the fans here towards him. College basketball is big here, and the fans still haven't forgiven Cal for leaving the way he did.

Thibs I could live with. I just don't like the idea of stinking again, especially considering we owe a lottery pick to Cleveland already. And Z-Bo is a massive fan favorite. Trading him won't go over well. I think the window's closed on that anyway. He's on the last year of his deal and it's a player option. He'll either opt-in, strike a new deal to stay in Memphis, or opt-out and hit the open market. My biggest concern is that Pera is doing a rebuild to drive down attendance so he can move the team to California or Seattle when the FedEx Forum lease is up. He's a Silicon Valley guy anyway. It may be far fetched, but I don't trust him.