2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Oakland basically let a younger, better, player (Lamarr Houston) go, then replaced him with Tuck. Ugh.

Not sure on the Saffold thing. Word is that the Raiders might have done the physical business because they realized they overpaid. Apparently St. Louis said he was as healthy as he's ever been.

Signed Woodley out of Pittsburgh, too...

I am not enthusiastic about this offseason thus far. My only real hope is that Reggie McKenzie is going to follow the Green Bay plan, since he came from there, and work to build the team through the draft. It would take longer, but I'd be happy with that.

On other signings, I don't know why anyone would sign a FA RB, unless it was a resigning. You can draft one just as easily, and cheaper.

EDIT: as far as Sproles goes, I think it was a good deal for Philly. Sproles hasn't taken nearly as many hits as a normal 31 year old back, and isn't going to carry the load for the Eagles, so he should have 2-3 years left of good production. Plus, it gives them a ton of flexibility, they can line him up in the backfield with McCoy, then split the out, all kinds of shit.

• Like 1

I wonder if that was the plan all along and it just took them two years to implement it because I'm kinda surprised it didn't happen sooner since that's what Nolan has run a majority of his career.

Bucs pick up Evan Dietrich-Smith from the Packers. Another decent addition to the line. This is what I want to see from my team, not some washed up free agent that the local press can jerk off to.