2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Good draft so far for the Cards it seems. A lot of talk about Logan Thomas' glaring inconsistencies and clear talent. If someone can make this a successful project then it is Arians. Happy to see Niklas and Buccanon joining the team too.

MEACON.

Tell me about TJ Jones, the Lions just drafted him.

Great hands. Decent route runner. Poor blocker (at least he will be in the NFL).

BUT!!! He is a high character kid. Has great leadership skills. He's gonna bust his ass doing whatever your coaching staff asks. And I'd be willing to bet my salary that you'll never see him in legal trouble.

MEACON.

Tell me about TJ Jones, the Lions just drafted him.

Great hands. Decent route runner. Poor blocker (at least he will be in the NFL).

BUT!!! He is a high character kid. Has great leadership skills. He's gonna bust his ass doing whatever your coaching staff asks. And I'd be willing to bet my salary that you'll never see him in legal trouble.

In the sixth round I can live with stuff like "poor blocker". A wide out that can block is always good, but if he's a guard or a tackle and you say "poor blocker" then I'm worried.

The pick makes sense, a sure handed receiver that can run good routes and has pretty good speed shouldn't have trouble finding a home in the NFL. I'm definitely happy with the "great hands" aspect, god knows the Lions have a knack for dropping passes.

The pick seems to have a bit of a theme for the Lions this season though, it seems as if they are going completely away from drafting guys with legal troubles or character issues. It seems that our draft has featured high character guys with leadership quality, makes sense after Titus Young, Nick Fairley, Johnny Culbreath, Ronnell Lewis, and Mikel Leshoure having legal trouble.

• Like 1

Thank fuck someone drafted Michael Sam, though I wish it hadn't been the Rams because now I have to hate him. CONGRATS ANYWAY.

I hope he comes in and dominates so all the skeptics can fuck off. Draft rapists, druggies, and thieves, but avoid the gays as if he's got the AIDS.

At least it looks like people are getting over that mindset.