2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

Pioneering and a good career move!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349661/article/fans-flock-to-order-michael-sam-jerseys

Good to see everybody embracing him, I'd wait to see if he makes the roster before ordering the jersey of a 7th round pick though! I really hope this leads other closeted players to come out, if not to the media at least to the locker room. Good times for all!

Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you guys? I'm so glad I can click on this thread and not have to worry about seeing piggish ignorant shit about the kiss like everywhere else.

• Like 5

So, Michael Sam is going to have a reality show on Oprah's network. A 7th round pick, who is kind of a long shot to make his team, is getting his own reality show.

While he probably sees that it's his 15 minutes, and he probably won't be in the league very long (hence he has to make as much money as he can), this is a stupid move. He said the other night that he wants to be seen as "Michael Sam the football player, not Michael Sam the gay football player." Having your own reality show sure does sprint in the opposite direction of that. Put your head down and work your ass off to make the team first.

• Like 4

He apparently didn't tell the team he was having this done either which is just mindboggling. I'm sure he's getting some horrific advice from people about how to handle himself and make his money, a lot of players do when they break into the league, but I can't believe he didn't tell the Rams before they drafted him and there was nobody who thought that was a bad idea.

Yeah his chances of making the roster just went way down. I'm pretty sure HBO were creaming themselves at the thought of a Rams Hard Knocks this year anyway, so he'd get his exposure this way and not at the expense of his career.

He needs to make money if and when he can though so I do understand it to an extent.

I wouldn't say it's entirely a non-issue because it raises concerns about who's influencing his decisions and that's going to be a concern for the Rams or any other team that may sign him.

• Like 1

Just read that the 2018 (Superbowl LII) will be in Minneapolis? :crying: Really? I mean good for the fans of Minnesota (insert joke here about the Vikings finally getting to see a Superbowl) but didn't we just hear about how the last Superbowl was going to be ruined because it was in a cold weather climate?

Or am I mistaken and it is 70 degrees, sunny typically during February in Minneapolis?

• Like 1

Just read that the 2018 (Superbowl LII) will be in Minneapolis? :crying: Really? I mean good for the fans of Minnesota (insert joke here about the Vikings finally getting to see a Superbowl) but didn't we just hear about how the last Superbowl was going to be ruined because it was in a cold weather climate?

Or am I mistaken and it is 70 degrees, sunny typically during February in Minneapolis?

There's no restrictions when it comes to a dome. As long as the city itself has the infrastructure to host such an event.

I like them moving it around, it's boring seeing it in Tampa, New Orleans or Miami every other year.