The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I would like to think we would get at least a point today as Lamberks record vs Liverpool is pretty good.

But the fact we have Arsenal and Chelsea afterwards means we will most likely shit the bed due to expectations and the current squad not having the mental capacity to live up to said expectations.

I had no idea how bad Villa's goalscoring woes were. 11 goals in 21 games is abysmal, and eight lower than any other team in the league. I saw the other day they have the lowest shots on goal, lowest conversion rate, and lowest amount of shots on target. That is really horrible. Can see why people want Lambert out even if you are 13th (although there's only 3 points in it from 18th).

He does.

And in several different areas. Winning percentage, points, goals scored, shots taken, goals conceded, shots allowed, entries into the final third, opposition entries allowed into defensive third, passes in the final third, opposition passes in the defensive third, more long balls, more yellow cards, more red cards.

He's still got the same amount of points as Moyes and stats indicate that the team is performing worse in a lot of ways. He also spent £150mil while Moyes got Fellaini.

Hey, you aren't allowed to look at anything but league position when criticising a manager, that's against the rules.

He's still got the same amount of points as Moyes and stats indicate that the team is performing worse in a lot of ways. He also spent £150mil while Moyes got Fellaini.

They aren't performing worst than the Moyes side what so ever and I don't give a shit what some stats say. At least with van Gaal there actually looks like he knows his plan going forward too. But it's United and we all know people love to shit on anything United. Win the league? "Everybody else was shit!". Currently in top four? "Only because everybody else has been shit!".

For the record, Moyes had the money to spend. It's not like he was held back and not allowed to. He chose to bring in Fellaini and Mata. Using that as a stick to beat LVG is embarrassing.

Anyway, mostly a decent team today. Annoying that Herrera still isn't starting though.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect
  • Like 1

Well yeah, that's fun as well. Are you saying your opinion from watching games is more important than actual provable statistics? It's not about just shitting on that knob head LVG, it's showing Moyes was verifably doing better.

• Like 1