The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Fantastic win. Always looked dangerous going forward, defended well and kept a clean sheet. There were far too many loose passes and we were really lucky more than once, but who cares? :w00t:

Absolutely no clue whatsoever.

And it's sad that commentators actively encourage time wasting and going in to the corner now.

What's wrong with going to the corner? Shearer and Speedo made it an art form, and that was nearly 20 years ago.

Identical points.

Identical goal difference.
Identical goals scored.

Two games later:
5 points lead.
9 goal difference.

I would like to apply a straight-line forecast to this trend and stretch it out to the end of the season, pls? :shifty:

I dunno, I've just never ever liked time wasting.

It's not time wasting, the ball is in play. It's up to the opponent to get the ball back. If Arsenal did anything other than play keep ball and head for the corners, they'd have been idiots.

• Like 2

It's not time wasting, the ball is in play. It's up to the opponent to get the ball back. If Arsenal did anything other than play keep ball and head for the corners, they'd have been idiots.

Hahah, what? There totally entitled to do it, and I'd want my team to do it, but it's definitely time wasting.

• Like 1

Hahah, what? There totally entitled to do it, and I'd want my team to do it, but it's definitely time wasting.

It's not time wasting. Time wasting is a bookable offence. If the player delays set pieces, subs take too long, or any other nefarious means to run the clock on without the ball in play.

It can't be time wasting when the ball is in play.

• Like 2

If I were an Arsenal fan today's game would probably frustrate me more than please me. How many times were they doing very well in the league only to go to a top side and get demolished because they played like Arsenal always play?

For once they accepted that they weren't going to have all the ball and played like they were playing Man City away and any other team. They then comfortably win. If only they had done that at the Ethihad and Anfield last year, not had their momentum derailed by a spanking, who knows what might have happened?

This seems in direct contrast to the Dragons main method of seeing out games.

As captain, I would like to say I fucking despise our style of play. <_<

LegendStarIcon