The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

He's still got the same amount of points as Moyes and stats indicate that the team is performing worse in a lot of ways. He also spent £150mil while Moyes got Fellaini.

They aren't performing worst than the Moyes side what so ever and I don't give a shit what some stats say. At least with van Gaal there actually looks like he knows his plan going forward too. But it's United and we all know people love to shit on anything United. Win the league? "Everybody else was shit!". Currently in top four? "Only because everybody else has been shit!".

For the record, Moyes had the money to spend. It's not like he was held back and not allowed to. He chose to bring in Fellaini and Mata. Using that as a stick to beat LVG is embarrassing.

Anyway, mostly a decent team today. Annoying that Herrera still isn't starting though.

You are terrible.

Kinda like Man United.

• Like 5

Kinda like I said it'd be. Sunderland are sitting deep, and scored after a stupid freekick was given away. We're struggling to break them down, but Kane just hit the post. Fantastic save by Big Costel to deny Eriksen earlier in the game, too.

Ugh this game has all the hallmarks of a classic 1-1 or 1-2 where we have countless attacks in the second half and look amazing but the away team's keeper has an absolute stormer and despite everything the ball just doesn't go in the net. Frustrating.

Well yeah, that's fun as well. Are you saying your opinion from watching games is more important than actual provable statistics? It's not about just shitting on that knob head LVG, it's showing Moyes was verifably doing better.

But that obviously didn't remain the case. We were doing average to middling by this time last season despite some excellent results (the 4-0 win in Germany against Bayer springs to mind), but compared to this season - and going just by what I've watched which doesn't include today (and is just an opinion *shrug*) - there seems to be more attacking intent about the team.

Pundits and analysts will sometimes talk about players looking like they don't want to play for the club/manager, I think that showed in a lot of cases last season, with so called 'big' players underperforming for lengthy periods (indeed only De Gea and possibly Januzaj came out the season with any credit) and now it seems to be the opposite. The will to go out and be positive and make things happen seems to there when it was missing last season.

I don't know what stats Moyes' United were better in compared to LVG's United but if it's anything like number of balls played forward or number of crosses then one only has to look to the draw with Fulham last season to see how well that went.

It's a work in progress and the aim for this season is very much just the top four. I'd be happy with fourth, and any United supporter who was hoping for anything approaching a title challenge was deluded.

I've already said that Moyes could have been given another season, but prefer the United of this season compared to last, I have to be honest. At times we seem really close to making things click. Our attack should be scaring the shit out of defences.

The defence obviously needs a lot of work. Expecting a QPR equaliser soon. :shifty:

• Like 1