The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I have no idea how Villa aren't level right now. They've been rampant.

15 minutes of good football, led by Gil.

Poor apart from that.

Gil, Sanchez and Hutton the only outfield players who've looked even remotely decent.

And he should've been booked at some stage!

I really really really hope he does the honourable thing and just resigns. We were fucking awful again today. The biggest cheer was when Cleverley got subbed.

Has Cleverley been that bad? I'm sure I saw something about Villa wanting to sign him permanently.

I really really really hope he does the honourable thing and just resigns. We were fucking awful again today. The biggest cheer was when Cleverley got subbed.

Has Cleverley been that bad? I'm sure I saw something about Villa wanting to sign him permanently.

He runs around a lot. Thats it really.

He does nothing that Westwood doesn't do better.

He's still got the same amount of points as Moyes and stats indicate that the team is performing worse in a lot of ways. He also spent £150mil while Moyes got Fellaini.

They aren't performing worst than the Moyes side what so ever and I don't give a shit what some stats say. At least with van Gaal there actually looks like he knows his plan going forward too. But it's United and we all know people love to shit on anything United. Win the league? "Everybody else was shit!". Currently in top four? "Only because everybody else has been shit!".

For the record, Moyes had the money to spend. It's not like he was held back and not allowed to. He chose to bring in Fellaini and Mata. Using that as a stick to beat LVG is embarrassing.

Anyway, mostly a decent team today. Annoying that Herrera still isn't starting though.

Hang on a second, this is utter nonsense. I watch the matches, that means more than stats is a completely void argument. Van Gaal's plan going forward is seemingly playing players out of position to utilise an ineffective 3-5-2. Even today, from what I've heard they looked much better when they switched to 4 at the back.

Only because everybody else was shit? Oh joy the Man United are victims argument. Moyes and Van Gaal were literally on the same amount of points this weekend, 37 after 21 games. That's not biased hearsay indicating Van Gaal is up against a more inconsistent league, that is a statistical fact. 37 points last year got Moyes 7th, 37 had Van Gaal within touching distance of 3rd.

It's also conjecture to suggest that Moyes had that money to spend. United were pretty inactive the entire first transfer window with Moyes, the powers that be seemed very contented to roll with the title winning squad, that anybody could see had cracks. Van Gaal had a £30mil left back before he got the job and then got two world class players, along with the very good Herrera. No way was Moyes going to get the same backing.

Van Gaal isn't doing a good job, he's doing a similar one to Moyes at best and all statistics other than "I'm right, you're wrong" indicate that. Van Gaal has lower expectations from being second man up and gives off the impression that he's doing better due to his reputation and being an arrogant bully with the media.

• Like 2