The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I really really really hope he does the honourable thing and just resigns. We were fucking awful again today. The biggest cheer was when Cleverley got subbed.

Has Cleverley been that bad? I'm sure I saw something about Villa wanting to sign him permanently.

He does nothing that Westwood doesn't do better.

So how was Villa's performance today? I've heard some people say it was one of our better performances for a while...

I really really really hope he does the honourable thing and just resigns. We were fucking awful again today. The biggest cheer was when Cleverley got subbed.

Has Cleverley been that bad? I'm sure I saw something about Villa wanting to sign him permanently.

He does nothing that Westwood doesn't do better.

So how was Villa's performance today? I've heard some people say it was one of our better performances for a while...

You did nothing of note bar a 20 minute spell in the second half where you bombarded us but still couldn't score.

I think Pardew could do well at Newcastle. I don't think the Geordies pride and arrogance would get in the way of him doing his job at all

I'd suggest you start those Jiu-Jitsu lessons sharpish...

Nice of the linesman to give a pity offside for Sunderland. Even though Vertonghen was clearly onside in his own half.

• Like 2

Nice of the linesman to give a pity offside for Sunderland. Even though Vertonghen was clearly onside in his own half.

Well aware we'd have never had that goal had Pantillimon not gone up for the corner in the last minute, so it didn't make much of a difference to the result, but it was embarrassingly bad.

To any Villa fans, what's Lambert's problem with Darren Bent? You'd think, in the dire need for goals that Villa are, he'd stop sending a striker that once was the Prem's third top scorer out on loan to clubs who may be coming up at your expense come May.

Tbf Bent was useless at Fulham last season. I think Bent's days as a Premiership striker are over.

Bent's a poacher, he offers nothing else.

Villa aren't creating chances, so playing him would be a waste of a shirt.

• Like 1

Did Gil play yesterday?

Also, on United, the sooner LVG realises we're more comfortable playing 4-4-2, the better. I realise that not everyone would be in the team all the time and happy, but it's the best way forward.

He's in a tough spot though, because with 4-4-2 or similar variations of it, it's not easy to have Mata, Blind, Rooney, Di Maria, Herrera, Falcao, Van Persie etc. all playing at once, and even if they were, questions about why players are out of position would be asked. I think ideally, we'd go with something like this;

DDG

Rafael

Rojo

Jones

Shaw

Blind

Carrick/Fellaini

Di Maria

Rooney

Mata/Herrera

Falcao

More of a 4-2-3-1, which we've done a few times this season. To be honest, I'd like any system that doesn't automatically mean we're one injury away from playing Blackett or Evans. :shifty:

I'd like to know what the other United fans here think on how we should be lining up. There's been plenty of whinging, myself included, without many alternative suggestions.