The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Great for a rabona, too.

My problem with it is the same as everyone else. I don't like the group stage, and I hate the CL teams dropping down. I'd rather keep the group stage, than teams dropping down, it's just a bit rubbish. But I love that I get to watch Spurs twice a week, and I hope we give it a good go next year. I wouldn't mind playing some more youngsters in the group stage, though.

• Admin
The Football Association charge Hull forward Abel Hernandez with violent conduct for an incident with Manchester United defender Phil Jones. The incident, which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video, occurred in the 70th minute of Sunday's Premier League fixture. Hernandez, 24, has until 18:00 BST on Wednesday to reply to the charge.

• Admin
West Ham will be among 104 teams whose European campaigns will begin with the first qualifying round on 2 July, with three rounds to negotiate before August’s play-off round determines the 22 teams who come through the qualification process and advance to the Europa League’s group stage.
The draw for the qualifying rounds will take place as follows:
UEFA Europa League first and second qualifying round draws: 22 June
UEFA Europa League third qualifying round draw: 17 July
UEFA Europa League play-off round draw: 7 August
UEFA Europa League group stage draw: 28 August
Cripes, such an early start for whoever the new manager is.

• Admin

And West Ham are lucky, this is the last season that they could have done this:

As of the 2015–16 season, Fair Play will be assessed on three categories: overall fair play, year-on-year fair play and spectator behaviour, with each association being scored and an association being declared the winner for each category. No association can win more than one category, meaning that on receiving one category award, an association becomes ineligible to win either of the other two, with the three categories being ranked in importance so that it can be determined which category takes preference. As of 2015, Fair Play no longer grants entry to the Europa League, instead only netting the victorious association a cash prize to be put towards "fair play or respect-themed projects".

Are we in the playoff or the third qualifying round as it stands?

I'm sure if Arsenal win the FA Cup we go into the group stage which would be a hell of a lot better than two away trips to some random Eastern European team

Chelsea's goal of the season... The vine doesn't have the more impressive-looking angle, sadly.

" width="480" height="480" frameborder="0">

Also, Zouma is our Young Player of the Year. I don't think there's going to be any shocks regarding the Player of the Year when that's named later.