The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Can we bookmark that for when next season, a dip in Man City's form is blamed on player burnout?

• Like 1

Yeah, Chelsea have got Thailand All-Stars on Saturday and then Sydney FC on Tuesday(?). At least a number of the players who had fitness issues towards the end of the season aren't joining them unnecessarily (Oscar etc.).

I'd love Vieira. He's French, clearly a good coach and a natural leader. Could do a lot worse and is a much more exciting and ambitious appointment than McClaren.

I don't see the big deal with releasing Jonas. If he hadn't played a blinder in his final game, very few would've blinked an eye. He's an older squad player on big money. Sentimentality aside, he was always going to be moved on.

I'll miss him because he was a great servant to the club and a top man to boot. Very inspiring guy, hope he has a strong finish to his career!

Edited by TCO

Last game aside he'd been playing brilliantly since his comeback, seemed to have regained his ability to ghost past people at will that I hadn't seen in four years. There's an argument he was playing for a contract, but given his situation and our utter lack of experience in the side and quality in any left sided position a years extension was more than justified. Typically short sighted management as always.

Sounds like the Vieira stuff is just bookie rumours. I wouldn't be against a gamble on an ex-player, but I'd rather we gave one of our old boys a chance if we're doing it. Les Ferdinand :).

Sad to see Rio retire but let's face it, he's got more important things to deal with at the moment than trying to find a new club.

A masterful centre-half at times. One of the very best for a few seasons.

Ferdinand sucks.

You'd better be talking about Anton because if you're talking about the mighty Sir Les, I'm getting Rich to ban you.

• Like 2