2014 NFL Season

Dan

The charge conviction model is dumb. Ray Rices charges are getting dropped, and he will not be convicted. He absolutely should be banned for life anyway. Tying suspensions to the legal system is silly.

Ray Rice's charges weren't dropped. He pled guilty and was allowed to enter a diversionary program and the conviction will be erased from his record, but he was still convicted.

• Like 1

I think generally plea bargins do not equal convictions

Doesn't it sit as a pending conviction on his record until all parts of his probation are finished and he files for expungement? That's my understanding of it.

If you plea to a deal then yes you are still guilty, hence probation, community service, less severe punishment and inability to leave the country, etc.

Meacon is correct by my understanding. Though I only know Canadian laws not American.

Its the same in the U.S.

And there's also a thing called an Alford plea, which means you're conceding that there's enough evidence to convict you beyond a reasonable doubt, but you're not admitting guilt.

Also, there's a vote coming up on September 30th that could toss out the blackout rule for tv. its considered to be outdated.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

I don't know if it's been posted before, but the Atlantic County DA came out yesterday and pretty much said that because he's a first time offender, it would've been the Pre-Trial Intervention or nothing, as well. Even if he should be locked up for a long time, he won't be.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's been posted before, but the Atlantic County DA came out yesterday and pretty much said that because he's a first time offender, it would've been the Pre-Trial Intervention or nothing, as well. Even if he should be locked up for a long time, he won't be.

This is true. Even if he had gotten convicted at a trial, the most he would've gotten would have been probation, which he is essentially on anyway.

• Like 1

I wish the video had been shown a month or so ago, the season has started but everywhere I look for NFL news all I can see if Ray Rice news :(

It was obviously planned that way by whomever sold the second video, doubt it's a coincidence that it came out the day after the first Sunday of the season.

And now Outside the Lines is reporting that Ray Rice told Goodell that he hit her when they met to speak about it in June, in a meeting where Goodell recently claimed Rice was very ambiguous about what happened.

• Like 1