2014 NFL Season

Dan

Wonder if that means Justin Blackmon will be back?

I don't think so. I think it's only suspensions that went into effect this season.

Also, I thought he could have applied for reinstatement already anyways?

Edited by livid

Nope. His suspensions were the result of him failing drug tests as part of the substance abuse program. The personal conduct policy is separate. His arrests don't help his case at all, though.

Edited by livid

Looks as if the Pegulas bid will succeed for the Bills. That about rules out a move to Toronto any time soon (they also own the Sabres). I'm curious what happens with a stadium, but I'd suspect it will at least be somewhere in western NY. As someone who has been to Buffalo to visit family countless times I'm a big fan of the tiny city and glad they get to keep their two passions, Bills and Labatt, together.

• Like 3

Didn't really expect the Bills to ever actually move to Toronto but all the talk was fun food for thought. The NFL wants to do another LA team really bad (but pretty much can't without a miracle) and also penetrate Europe, Mexico, England. Feeling that the North American market is as big as it will ever get, aka tapped out in terms of growth.

So this was posted by Janay Rice this morning:

BxF3EOEIcAAxy4Z.jpg

That was posted with Ray Rice standing behind her, his pimp smacking hand wound up

Edit: Also, is it wrong of me to take "No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted opinions from the public have caused my family" to mean Rice has beat her more since this came out?

• Like 1

That's the thing with the NFL is where do they expand next. The entire role if the commissioner is to keep increasing the league's value, and there will be a huge jump the next time it comes for a TV deal (hell the NBA is going to double it's TV deal to $2 billion so imagine what happens next time the NFL is up). But beyond that they need new markets, they've been working hard on the UK and who knows maybe they try to start a European league back up at some point. Right now the league is very adept at using LA to force other cities into building their new stadiums through tax money, with Atlanta being an exception as Blank is forking over most of that.

Raiders will be moving, but who knows to where. Chargers need a new stadium and have done substantial marketing in LA. Five years ago it looked certain that someone would be moving to LA but now it doesn't look as surefire. California right now isn't a state that can fork over tons of tax revenue to build new stadiums, and owners are very, very greedy.

So this was posted by Janay Rice this morning:

BxF3EOEIcAAxy4Z.jpg

That was posted with Ray Rice standing behind her, his pimp smacking hand wound up

Edit: Also, is it wrong of me to take "No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted opinions from the public have caused my family" to mean Rice has beat her more since this came out?

Yes

• Like 4

Still gotta pay Eli 17 mil for one more year too, so there's another top pick in 2016 for ya,

There'll be a clean out after this season if it goes as badly as expected but Eli will stick around for another year. New GM, new coach and new QB if the pick is good enough a top one. No problem having the new guy sit behing Eli as he plays out his last year in New York.

I love him and he'll always be loved for the two Superbowls but it sadly looks like his time is up. :(