2014 NFL Season

Dan

Faith slightly restored

but not really :(

If the video didn't get leaked to the public they would have done nothing so it's hard for me to really be all that enthusiastic. CONGRATS NFL YOU DIDN'T MAKE THIS WORSE.

• Like 6

Faith slightly restored

but not really :(

If the video didn't get leaked to the public they would have done nothing so it's hard for me to really be all that enthusiastic. CONGRATS NFL YOU DIDN'T MAKE THIS WORSE.

Yeah that was my point. I am really happy he has been fired but if TMZ hadn't put this video out he would have been starting week 3.

It doesn't matter, nobody is ever going to sign Ray Rice again. How would they explain it to their female fans (or male fans for that matter)?

I think the Jaguars can do it without insulting their fanbase. I mean do hot tubs and jumbo screens really care about spousal abuse?

• Like 1

Well no one actually believes the NFL hadn't seen the footage

Just now that its been seen by the public, everyone is tearing their ACLs backpedaling to say "Oh this is SO NEW to us!"

• Like 3

Can they even do that? All I've heard all morning is "double jeopardy" or whatever

The commissioner has ultimate power in everything. The NFL is not a court of law. Plus, there's no way the Player's Association is going to stick up for him.

Also, double jeopardy would only pertain to criminal charges. His case has already been adjudicated.

It doesn't matter, nobody is ever going to sign Ray Rice again. How would they explain it to their female fans (or male fans for that matter)?

I think the Jaguars can do it without insulting their fanbase. I mean do hot tubs and jumbo screens really care about spousal abuse?

Michael Vick signed a contract less than 3 months after being released from federal prison. America society loves a redemption story. I think he'll be back.

Can they even do that? All I've heard all morning is "double jeopardy" or whatever

The commissioner has ultimate power in everything. The NFL is not a court of law. Plus, there's no way the Player's Association is going to stick up for him.

Also, double jeopardy would only pertain to criminal charges. His case has already been adjudicated.

Yea but Adam Schefter was saying something like the CBA has a double jeopardy thing where a player can't be punished for the same exact thing twice

THIS THURSDAY ON IMPACT! RAY RICE DEBUTS IN THE IMPACT ZONE!

Not sure how double jeopardy matters at all in this situation. All that means is that a husband and wife can't be tried for the same crime.

Arrested-Development-Henr-007.jpg

that isn't what doublr jeopardy mean