2014 NFL Season

Dan

It's entirely possible to do both, learn how.

I'm sure it is for some people. And it was for me for ages. Might just be that a bunch of my leagues have gone from casual to hyper-competitive in recent years so it's less of "oh cool, I'm winning/oh well, didn't have a good week" to "FUCK YOU PEYTON HOW COULD YOU HAND IT OFF ON THE GOAL LINE?" despite it making complete football sense.

Then again it might not help that my rosters are seriously diversified this year. I have a totally different roster in nearly every league but at the same time while a guy might help one of my teams, chances are I'm playing him in another league. Maybe I'm just in too many leagues.

I say this now, but I'll probably wind up with 1 team in the playoffs or something at which point I can simply stop caring about my other teams. -_-

I gave up on Fantasy Football two or three years ago and I don't miss it. I love watching games that have no effect on me.

Fear is the path to the dark side.

• Like 1

Ray Rice punching his girlfriend: http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video

How the fuck does he do that then just stand like it's normal?

Because it probably is?

Goodell looks like shit today. He's weathered storms while in office, but this one is rough.

I imagine he gave Rice such a lenient sentence because he was worried the NFLPA would come after him if he gave him anything more. However, in that case it would at least look like he tried to do the right thing. For a guy who's background is in PR< he sure didn't think this one all the way through.

I imagine he gave Rice such a lenient sentence because he was worried the NFLPA would come after him if he gave him anything more. However, in that case it would at least look like he tried to do the right thing. For a guy who's background is in PR< he sure didn't think this one all the way through.

That's almost certainly the reasoning, but it's dumb. Let the PA look like the shitheads if they stick up for Rice. Goodell needs to go.

• Like 4

Fuck man. I just saw that Ray Rice video. I don't know how I can support this league anymore. I love the games but fuck man this is really hard

Join me, Srar. Notre Dame is not far from Chicago. We have a wonderful tradition and put academics over athletics.

One of us? One of us?

This may be a good idea. Like I'm trying to rationalize it with "well the Bears don't do this kind of thing" but that's bullshit. It doesn't matter if my team doesn't do it

They won't extend it. It would be a double punishment, against precedent, and I doubt it would go over well with the playet's union as for those reasons.That's why the 4 game penalty was made after the fact so that the situation could be handled better in future instances. It was the NFL's attempt to make up for the fact that they couldn't suspend him more.