2014 NFL Season

Dan

Not sure how double jeopardy matters at all in this situation. All that means is that a husband and wife can't be tried for the same crime.

Arrested-Development-Henr-007.jpg

that isn't what doublr jeopardy mean

The NFL has the worst f*cking lawyers.

• Like 4

As opposed to drafting a wife beater before he was released?

Ray Lewis wasn't captured on video stabbing someone.

Hey Headcheese, still think Rice is going to have a bounce back year?

That's not fair to say at all really. He never got to take the field so it's not as if you've been proven right from an on the field perspective. Not that I'll miss him for the record. That was pretty bad.

And Goodell isn't going anywhere Lineker.

Last Thursday, the good people at EA Sports and Madden 15 released an online tool as addictive as the best interactive Google Doodles: The Giferator. This being the internet, we can’t have anything nice. Our favorite deviants on Twitter started stress-testing the tool to see what they could get away with posting.

As more people have played with the Giferator, they started to see certain words didn’t make it through. It's no surprise that George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can't Say on TV" were a no go. To the disappointment of the retired two-time Super Bowl Champion cornerback Randall Gay, you can't type his last name. And you can't use "cocaine" with a gif of Johnny Manziel (though you can type "yayo" if you're hip with the kids' slang).

Using the Giferator, you start to see the soft underbelly of what the NFL (and its partners) sees as PR embarrassments. Though you could select any of his Baltimore Ravens teammates to animate, you couldn’t type Ray Rice’s last name, probably in response to the fact that he’s currently suspended for two games for a horrendous act of domestic violence. The same goes for not being able to type Welker, because the Denver Broncos wide receiver is serving out his own suspension under possibly funny circumstances. And when it comes to the concussion crisis the league faces? EA Sports wants no part of that, banning brain, injury, concussion and knockout.

And of course there's a long list of ethnic slurs you can't enter. You're banned from insulting:

African Americans

Chinese people

Jews

Hispanics

Hindus

Communists (???)

Japanese people

Arabs

Whites (cracker and redneck are prohibited).

Then, on Saturday, journalist Patrick Hruby observed on Twitter that you could make the gif below:

redskins_rgriffiniii10_kneepraypoint.gif

:facepalm:

Maybe I just picked my friends well over the years, but I don't see anyone defending Ray Rice on my FB page

• Like 1

Its not an actual friend but somebody in a debate group I am in. It's really quite ridiculous most of the time anyway, but they post topics about whatever, it's not always serious. There is even somebody on about Chris Brown, Floyd Mayweather, and Terrance Howard being arrested for domestic violence but we all still love them. People get too big of a hard on for football players. I personally don't like Mayweather or Brown and know nothing about Howard, so I don't know.

"You guys act like you've never hit a woman before". THAT REALLY HAPPENED GUYS.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Keith Olbermann just gave a great commentary on ESPN 2. Seek it out when it's available

http://deadspin.com/keith-olbermann-on-roger-goodell-an-enabler-of-men-wh-1632150757

Video and poorly done transcript here

• Like 2