2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

He's not! How many Jimmy Clausen games have you watched, you biased nugget?!

I feel like this exact sentence could be applied to you :P

I'd be happy to bet my savings account on the fact that I've watched more Jimmy Clausen games than anyone else on this board. :P

Precisely my point :P The number of Jimmy Clausen games you've watched makes you biased :P 

He's not! How many Jimmy Clausen games have you watched, you biased nugget?!

I feel like this exact sentence could be applied to you :P

I'd be happy to bet my savings account on the fact that I've watched more Jimmy Clausen games than anyone else on this board. :P

Precisely my point :P The number of Jimmy Clausen games you've watched makes you biased :P 

Or...just...more informed. I liked Brady Quinn much more than Clausen at Notre Dame. But I can fully admit that Quinn was a college quarterback. Him being drafted by Cleveland definitely didn't do him any favors (when does being drafted a Brown ever, really?), but he never should have gone in the first round, and it didn't surprise me at all when he flamed out. 

When Clausen committed to Notre Dame, he was one of the first high school kids to do the flashy faux press conference things. His daddy bought him an Escalade, which he drove up to his presser when he announced he was going to ND. The whole thing was filmed. It was a cornball version of The Decision years ahead of it. He was a cocky jerk the three years he spent in South Bend. He made it clear from his sophomore year that he was there to learn under an NFL style head coach, to get drafted, and leave as quickly as he could. Considering how hardcore of a Notre Dame fan I am, I never took too kindly to Jimmy Clausen the person. 

So to say I'm bias, when I honestly don't even like the guy, is wrong. 

"You've watched too much Jimmy Clausen as a college player so maybe your opinion of Jimmy Clausen the NFL player is clouded"

"NUH-UHHH! I don't even like him as a person!"

:lol:

I mean, this was just a fun inversion of the meaning of your sentence I was making, not sure why you're overreacting like that. But that's a pretty hilarious response.

Because watching a guy play tons of football more often leads you to finding things a player does wrong or inconsistent than right. I help coach, so I'm always watching for technique, skill, and consistencies. I had, apparently incorrectly, assumed you were directing my bias at my Notre Dame fandom, when it really couldn't be further from the truth.

I wasn't really overreacting. I just get long winded sometimes.

Liking what I see from Ameer Abdullah. I'm also quite pleased how well that opening drive went (when it was essentially our 1st team Offense (minus Megatron) vs the Jets starting D). Great timing on the release from Stafford for Tate's TD.

• Admin

Chicago Bears wide receiver Kevin White is dealing with a stress fracture in his lower shin that landed him on the physically unable to perform list. According to the Chicago Sun Times' Adam Jahns, he's set to undergo surgery, and his status for the season is currently up in the air.