2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

How is it decided who plays in the Hall of Fame game?

Is the game worth checking out? May watch it tonight.  Although heard that Big Ben didn't play a snap, is it the Landry Jones show then?

I don't really know that there's any rhyme or reason beyond having a team there with a player being inducted. 

I would say it depends on how much you want to watch football. I normally wouldn't care but watched the first half because I'm ready for the season to begin. 

How is it decided who plays in the Hall of Fame game?

Is the game worth checking out? May watch it tonight.  Although heard that Big Ben didn't play a snap, is it the Landry Jones show then?

I don't really know that there's any rhyme or reason beyond having a team there with a player being inducted. 

I would say it depends on how much you want to watch football. I normally wouldn't care but watched the first half because I'm ready for the season to begin. 

That's pretty much my philosophy with preseason. Watch the first half of whatever game is on and then bail out. Except the fourth preseason game when the starters play more or less the whole game.

• Admin

The optimism surrounding Geno Smith's offseason has taken a cruel blow.

The New York Jets' starting quarterback will miss the next 6-10 weeks with a broken jaw suffered after being "sucker-punched" in the locker room, coach Todd Bowles announced Tuesday in an impromptu press conference. The Jets quickly released linebacker IK Enemkpali, who was the one that punched Smith. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports Smith's jaw was broke in two places.

"You can't tolerate that," Bowles said. "When you have a team and a bunch of side issues you can't tolerate that. It's something that happened in the locker room and we're dealing with it internally and that's what we'll do."

Jets fans are used to calamity happening to their team at the quarterback position, but this is a new one. Smith was one our candidates to improve this season as a starter, largely because of how well he fits in offensive coordinator Chan Gailey's system. Ryan Fitzpatrick, who played for Gailey in Buffalo, will be expected take over as the Jets starter in the meantime. Rookie Bryce Petty is also on the roster. The timeline of the injury indicates that Smith is likely to miss the start of the regular season.

Jets fans searching for answers on what caused the punch aren't likely to be satisfied with the answers.

"I'll let them tell you," Bowles said of Smith and Enemkpali. "It's something very childish that sixth-graders could have talked about ... If they want to tell you what happened they'll tell you what happened. I told them I wouldn’t say anything."

Around the NFL will have more on this story soon.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

I quite like getting to watch the randoms and no hopers play though

You would really love college football then.

Yeah, Notre Dame gets to play 12 whole games!

Notre Dame has 40 players on NFL rosters at the moment. UCLA has 28. Which is less. It's quite a bit less than USC too...

• Like 1

Feeling much better about my Brandon Marshall selection in FF now. Fitzpatrick isn't great, but he's better than Smith.

Notre Dame has 40 players on NFL rosters at the moment. UCLA has 28. Which is less. It's quite a bit less than USC too...

That's really helped USC the last few years, hasn't  it? I'd go back and look at how many games UCLA has won since Mora has been there versus how many ND has won, but I really don't care to do that much work over a cheap shot at you because you like the Broncos >_>

Feeling much better about my Brandon Marshall selection in FF now. Fitzpatrick isn't great, but he's better than Smith.

That's really helped USC the last few years, hasn't  it? I'd go back and look at how many games UCLA has won since Mora has been there versus how many ND has won, but I really don't care to do that much work over a cheap shot at you because you like the Broncos >_>

Mora is 29-11 at UCLA and the Irish are 29-10 in that same period. :P

• Like 1

The optimism surrounding Geno Smith's offseason has taken a cruel blow.

The New York Jets' starting quarterback will miss the next 6-10 weeks with a broken jaw suffered after being "sucker-punched" in the locker room, coach Todd Bowles announced Tuesday in an impromptu press conference. The Jets quickly released linebacker IK Enemkpali, who was the one that punched Smith. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports Smith's jaw was broke in two places.

"You can't tolerate that," Bowles said. "When you have a team and a bunch of side issues you can't tolerate that. It's something that happened in the locker room and we're dealing with it internally and that's what we'll do."

Jets fans are used to calamity happening to their team at the quarterback position, but this is a new one. Smith was one our candidates to improve this season as a starter, largely because of how well he fits in offensive coordinator Chan Gailey's system. Ryan Fitzpatrick, who played for Gailey in Buffalo, will be expected take over as the Jets starter in the meantime. Rookie Bryce Petty is also on the roster. The timeline of the injury indicates that Smith is likely to miss the start of the regular season.

Jets fans searching for answers on what caused the punch aren't likely to be satisfied with the answers.

"I'll let them tell you," Bowles said of Smith and Enemkpali. "It's something very childish that sixth-graders could have talked about ... If they want to tell you what happened they'll tell you what happened. I told them I wouldnât say anything."

Around the NFL will have more on this story soon.

:facepalm:

Guys shut up about college football, that talk is burying this story which is an absolute gem.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 4