2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

That's the beauty for fantasy football. Turns shit games into entertainment. I mean there aren't many fantasy viable guys on those two teams but still.

Eh, I usually have it on in the background while I work on HW or something. Nothing like desperately rooting for Andrew fucking Hawkins to catch one more ball in a 21-3 snoozefest.

I've never really been into college sports. I can't really pinpoint why exactly, but I think the large talent discrepancy has something to do with. I only really watch/care when my school makes the NCAA tourney or a bowl game or if I have free tickets to a random game. It was cool to see them win a bowl in the first time in forever this past year and the game was awesome, so I definitely get how some get sucked into the magic. Our football program is historically awful and the basketball program is declining, though, so it's usually not that fun. 

I really am blown away at how bad the Thursday and Monday games almost always are.  Like they know going into the season Jags-Titans is gonna be horrible.

Jags vs Titans are usually good games actually. The Thursday game last year was one of the best TNF games of the season.

7 out of the last 8 games between them have been 1 score games and the series is tied 5-5 since 2010. Jags fans hate the Titans a lot because of 1999 when the Titans were the only team to beat the Jags.

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

I really am blown away at how bad the Thursday and Monday games almost always are.  Like they know going into the season Jags-Titans is gonna be horrible.

7 out of the last 8 games between them have been 1 score games and the series is tied 5-5 since 2010. Jags fans hate the Titans a lot because of 1999 when the Titans were the only team to beat the Jags.

Ha, that's a new fact for me! Looking it up they were the #1 seed and won all their games apart from 3 losses to the Titans! :lol:

• Like 1

Ha, that's a new fact for me! Looking it up they were the #1 seed and won all their games apart from 3 losses to the Titans! :lol:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/1/31/5366914/gregg-williams-stole-jaguars-playbook-1999-renaldo-wynn

• Like 1

That Gregg Williams seems like a right cunt of a fellow. They can't have been too mad at him though, they hired him as their DC years later!

Looking at the 99' Jags, if I were old enough to have become a fan of the game at that stage, I probably would've chosen the them. Tom Coughlin, teal jerseys and a lefty QB. Couldn't have resisted!

I hope the NFL PA /Brady win in court. Not because I think Brady's innocent or anything, but Goodell needs to be taken down a peg or twelve, and if they just accept the outcome, they're going to be steamrollered in future incidents. I still can't believe it's acceptable that the guy hearing the appeal is the same guy who handed down the punishment in the first place. And 4 games seems way harsh compared to some of the punishments we've seen lately. 

I think the reason it's more harsh than other punishments is because it directly relates to NFL rules. Any other suspensions is in addition to any legal proceedings are brought forward against these type of players. If you explicitly cheat then you should have the book thrown at you as bad as any of these players who are the worst in their personal lives.

I hope it stands, because fuck Tom Brady and the Patriots. This isn't the first time they've blatantly cheated and for too long they've been allowed to skirt along and think they're above the law. Goodell does need to be taken down a peg, but so does Tom Terrific and this has done damage to all parties so it's win-win as far as I see it. 

• Like 2

That Gregg Williams seems like a right cunt of a fellow. They can't have been too mad at him though, they hired him as their DC years later!

Looking at the 99' Jags, if I were old enough to have become a fan of the game at that stage, I probably would've chosen the them. Tom Coughlin, teal jerseys and a lefty QB. Couldn't have resisted!

If you like left handed quarterbacks, then do I have a passer for YOU~!

• Like 2

If you like left handed quarterbacks, then do I have a passer for YOU~!

BY ANY CHANCE ARE WE DISCUSSING TIM "WOBBLEBALL" TEBOW AND NOT KELLEN MOORE?

I hope the NFL PA /Brady win in court. Not because I think Brady's innocent or anything, but Goodell needs to be taken down a peg or twelve, and if they just accept the outcome, they're going to be steamrollered in future incidents. I still can't believe it's acceptable that the guy hearing the appeal is the same guy who handed down the punishment in the first place. And 4 games seems way harsh compared to some of the punishments we've seen lately. 

Goodell needs to go. If Brady wins in court, it will surely hasten that happening. 

If Brady is innocent, Goodell will look like a fool. But on the other hand, the NFL will have more leeway in a trial. I'm starting to believe Brady is innocent due to all the things I've read lately (like the NFL lying to Chris Mortensen), and I doubt he could be arrogant enough to want a trial to prove his innocence if he's actually guilty. (And if that's the case, I say make his suspension a full year) The cellphone situation is the only reason I'm not completely giving Brady the benefit of the doubt.

*edit* The thing is, though, Pats fans' reactions online are pissing me off so much with their holier than thou/everyone's jealous attitude that I almost hope Brady loses the trial even if he is innocent, because those asshats need to be taken down a peg. Defending your team and their star player is one thing, but a lot of these excuses are over the top, excuses, or downright bullshit. 

Edited by GhostMachine