2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

"The basic argument they're going to make is that Goodell was not given the power to un-checked search and seizure as part of the CBA. Though he was given power to determine and enforce punishment, he was not given the power to, say, collect personal information from players, send people into players' homes without asking, or do anything that a police officer might typically need a warrant for.

Brady will likely say (if he brings this to court) 1. This is not a natural extension of the power granted to Goodell, and 2. He reasonably would find the demand over-bearing."

I wasn't aware that all that occurred, what with the fact that it didn't, at all.  Reddit a goldmine for this delusional Patriots fan garbage.

Edited by Maxx

Its possible, but that all occurred before the arbitration hearing where they learned about the destroyed cellphone.  That changed things, understandably so.

I think the court case stuff is being driven more by the NFLPA and their desire to check some of Goodell's power than it is Brady actually wanting to defend himself. It's an easier poster boy to sell than Greg Hardy would have been. 

I love mah football season preview magazines. /profile/73-srarli-lloyd/" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="http://www.ewbattleground.com/profile/73-srarli-lloyd/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="73">@Srarli Lloyd might appreciate the Bears being predicted to go 3-13 according to my latest one.

• Like 1

Dan Snyder and Robert Kraft should switch teams. Washington Patriots sounds nice, and so does Boston Braves (which is what the Redskins were originally called). 

The Cowboys don't actually play in Dallas, the Redskins don't actually play in Washington D.C., and both New York teams actually play in New Jersey. So having a team that doesn't actually play in Boston would be no big deal.

Roger Goodell punishment generator!

And another version!

Its fun for the whole family!

tdLSY09.jpg

Harsh, but fair.

Don't feel bad. I got suspended eight games for calling Joe Flacco an elite quarterback. @Plubby IS ROGER GOODELL.

Edited by The Handsome Luchadore

Dan Snyder and Robert Kraft should switch teams. Washington Patriots sounds nice, and so does Boston Braves (which is what the Redskins were originally called). 

The Cowboys don't actually play in Dallas, the Redskins don't actually play in Washington D.C., and both New York teams actually play in New Jersey. So having a team that doesn't actually play in Boston would be no big deal.

Washington is moving back within the city limits in a few years actually.